Saturday, June 23, 2007

So this is what I did.

Last year I bought these screens and there was a whole mishap with the measuring of them and int he end I ended up with screens that are too long and too wide for my windows. (this was my fault since I didn't measure them properly. The whole experience was frustrating for me and I know for next time that I am just going to get someone in to do it for me because it isn't worth the hassle).

So here I am with screen that are too large for my windows and I'm thinking "what am i going to do with them and how can I use them?"......when it dawns on me - I can duct tape them to the outside of my windows! So, what did I do? I went and bought some DUCT tape at LD yesterday and stuck one of the screen outside of my window. I felt pretty proud of myself I must say. I actually just rolled up the tape and put it between the screen and the window so that I could be a little discreet about it - I mean if I put strips pf duct tape on the outside it would be pretty obvious and Mike and Franca may not like it. Anyways I have yet to do the other one but i am happy to have once screen at least. Now I'll be able to leave the window open all the way and not worry about Izzy jumping out.

Well, our year end concert happened and my students did really well. The kinders and pre-school children looked so cute singing with their yellow chirts on and holding their fishing rods! It was hot in the theatre though and I was sweating bullets the whole time that I was onstage. I was grateful to be off. The Annie play went well and I was sorry that I couldn't see it - Christina asked me to help backstage which I didn't mind doing. I think that the play was videotaped though so that was good.

Our staff lunch was today. The Board gave it to us as a gift. I ate salad with chicken in it - which is pretty much all that i seem to be eating these days. Lots of vegetables and almonds and chicken for protein. It's starting to get a little boring. I do admit though that I am having way less stomach pains and digestive discomfort which is good. I just wish that I could eat a little more variety. I am making a list though and I'm going to ask my NP if I can eat them. I go and see him on Tuesday to begin the next step of the stomach cleanse stuff.

Oh yeah, so getting back to the staff lunch. It was not bad. I think that I was the quietest one though. I didn't really feel like I had a lot to say and I'm also really, really exhausted. Some people were talking about things for next year which kind of got me thinking about not really having a "place" there next year. I mean yes I will be doing my practicum, but where does that really place me? How will the parents view me? What about the kids? Will I be allowed to go to staff meetings? I definitely don't want to be doing OSC stuff then. Anyways, I think that i was just having these feelings because I'm so....so......SO TIRED!

No comments: