Sunday, May 30, 2010

So I've been back a week and I'm homesick for Canada still. I'm homesick because in Canada those people who are close to me accept me for who I am and don't feel the need to note my imperfections. And, in Canada I actually get compliments from my family and friends. Sometimes a girl just needs to hear nice things about herself from those who are close to her, am I right? I need to anyways. We all need some encouragement once in awhile. Here...the encouragement is pretty much nil. I need to finish this post later because my baby is crying. Suffice it to say, I don't feel so happy to be back here. Being in Canada was really good for me. I am sad to be back here.

4 comments:

Laura said...

sorry that you are having a hard time leesh.

{larissa} said...

ahhhhhhhhhhh I know how you feel. It's so hard sometimes. You're amazing and I'm just so darn grateful to know that someone on this island knows how it feels to be in a totally weird and foreign place!
you know someday we'll leave and miss the simplicity and incorrect spellings of new zealand. but for now, let's just laugh!
p.s. I saw another sign that said ...."DRIVE SOBA" classic. welcome to NZ.

LeashyLoo said...

Thanks for the encouragement Larissa :)

Mom E said...

sorry it's rough going over there. i'll compliment you from here-you are a fabulous mother and patient loveable person. you rock