Sunday, September 19, 2010


The weather around here is quite wild lately. Rainy, sunny, windy and even HAIL the other night! It sounded like the roof was going to cave in and last night it sounded like the roof was going to blow off! Apparantly there were "gale force winds" about. I can believe it!


Well, I'm not going to lie....when it rains it pours and man has it been pouring on us for awhile now. Aside from a lof the financial stuff that we have been trying to sort out - our waching machine died on us the other day. Sometimes I think...what next?


But...."..behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he has chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." (1 Nephi 1:20)


In the past few weeks I have finally got the point where I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't take all of the stress and worry about how to afford rent and food etc and I finally, earnestly went to Heavenly Father. This is a hard thing for me to do at time, because I want to do everything myself. But Andrew and I were doing all that we could and things were still challenging so all I good next was ask Heavenly Father for his help. And do you know what? There have been so many tender mercies since......Home Teachers who have graciously offered to do laundry for us, offers to help pay our astronomical power bill, people who are willing to give Andrew rides to and from work...and they still keep coming. I am grateful for all of them. I am grateful for my Heavenly Father who loves me. I'm grateul for Andrew and Bethany who give me such joy. I'm grateful for my family and friends all over the world who love and care for me. There is so much goodness in my life. Thank you everyone for loving me and making my world brighter.


5 comments:

Claudine said...

Tender mercies are perfect. I'm so glad you are getting tiny miracles when you need them most! Love you!

Laura said...

i'm so glad Heavenly Father answers prayers, even in new zealand! :) i was so glad to read this post leesh. i'm grateful for YOU. :)

nea and rusty said...

so happy for you to be feeling the lord's love for you-- sometimes we forget to feel it regularly. yes, lots to be grateful for, and i'm grateful too for the tender mercies that get us thru the tough times. hope they keep coming for you, your hubby, and that cute little girl on your lap. adorable! miss you!

{larissa} said...

it's a huge thing to recognize Heavenly Father's hand in our lives. It's amazing what little things to some people are actually huge strengths and comforts to others. I have had similar experiences here and am amazed at how blessed I actually am.
yahoo for tender mercies

Karey said...

Looks like Heavenly Father has really been looking out for you. I wish i could come there and be with you and help lift you up. I'm so glad you have Bethany to put a smile on your face. Love the pic of you and her.