Saturday, March 26, 2011
I made buns today. Yes, me - Elicia many names Hack Johncey made buns FROM SCRATCH for the first time in my life. I have always wanted to make buns and bread but I've had this fear of yeast....as in I had this fear that I wouldn't get the yeast right or it wouldn't fizz and work its magic and then the buns / bread wouldn't rise and the products would be hard as rock and I'd get discouraged and never want to try and make it again......but today I bit the bullet and tried them. And they worked! They rose and everything. They aren't as good as Tracy's buns but these were mighty tasty. Even Bethany and Andy liked them! The only thing that I would change next time is try and make them with less sugar. I am not a big fan of buns that taste sweet but aren't sweet enough to be like a donut and are too sweet to be savoury....if you know that I mean (and this makes any sense. So I'll try them again...with less of the white stuff and maybe even with whole wheat flour......thanks Tammy Lyn Brown! (I used her 2 hour air bun recipe from the 2007 RS Cookbook from Vancouver Ward - No More Burnt Offerings). You ought to try it. Another reason why I tried making buns is because I want to see if I can save a little cash in groceries by making bread items instead of buying so much (we go through a lot of bread in this house). Maybe I'll make a good Mormon wife after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
way to go leesh! it's a far cry from your spelt loaf days-- which you threw out our window and killed some birds with...
i have been saying for along time now that i want to make bread. I think it's time. I love home made buns and bread. Nice job :)
Thanks ladies! You rock my world!
They aren't that hard to make after all, are they? If you want I can give you Tracy's recipe! That's the only kind of bun I make, and I've become known for them around here. They can make you famous in New Zealand if you let them.
Post a Comment