So far, the weather here this summer really bites. It has been rainy and cold and there hasn't been that much sun. What gives? It is disheartening. I hope that we get some sun before B and I have to leave...PLEASE Mr. Weatherman?
I was at the Kin Hut Park today with Bethany while we waited for mom to finish her appointment. It was sunny and windy and Bethany was wearing a hat and her sunglasses. The sun in NZ is so strong (hello? there is a hole in the ozone layer there) that you have to wear a hat and sunglasses and lots of sunscreen to protect yourself so I am just used to putting this gear on Bethany whenever the sun is out. A lady at the park today asked me if Bethany's eyes were sensitive to the light because she was wearing sunglasses. "You don't really need them here" she said.....which was odd because she was wearing sunglasses herself. She was surprised that Bethany didn't pull her sunnies off. "She's used to it" I said. And she likes wearing them. What can I say? My kid is cool.
I killed a massive mosquito in the bathroom this afternoon. I squished him dead and he was full of blood. Gross. I wonder who he had bitten....
I clean out an old dresser full of junk today. There is something really refreshing about getting rid of clutter. I also emptied out some binders of notes from uni and put the paper in the recycling. I saved some essays that I had written. I like to save those because they remind me of things that I have accomplished and done well on. They remind of the talent that I have for writing essays and expressing my self in that academic way. I can write a good essay. Sometimes I miss university - going to classes and learning about new things and writing essays. I miss the learning part. Some day I want to go back and study something new. I'm not sure what right now.....but something. I
Better go and help mummy dearest get some din din ready.
1 comment:
sorry to hear your summer is cloudy up there. I would be happy to share some of our heat and sunshine here in Arizona!!
Post a Comment