So life with the kittens is fun, but challenging too. they can be so naughty! So far Izzy has not had any accidents but she does tend to scratch where she is not supposed to and doesn't really respond to the "hissing" scare. Archie has peed three times in places where he is not supposed to even though he knows how to use the litter box.....I'm not sure why.....Laura and I are still trying to figure it out. All in all though they are fun. And they keep us entertained.
I went with Karey and Laura to the Bedouin Soundclash concert on Thursday night and we ended up seeing Christine and Susan there. What a nice surprise! (Especially since they had a blanket and we didn't bring anything to sit on :) ) No seriously, it was fun to hang out with them and chit chat etc. There was this Mexican Reggae band that opened up for Bedouin and they were quite entertaining. Two of the main singers had long dreds like Bob Marley and they kept jumping around and dancing while they were singing and then at certain times the whole band would do synchronized moves like you would see n'sync or some other boy band do. They were so funny! I really liked their music too. I wanted to buy a Cd of theirs but I am in the poor house these days so it was not to be. There was quite a mix of people at the concert too, I think that all of use were surprised because there were families with their kids and some old people and of course groupies and dooby smokers....it was interesting. I had fun people watching while we waited for the concert to begin. Good times were had by all!
I've started this herbal detox because I have been feeling really sick and unhealthy and bloated and just gross lately. I want to start a walking program starting August first but I feel like I need to get my body back on track from the inside so step 1 is getting rid of the toxins and focusing on a more regular, healthy eating plan (this is hard when I am in school for 40 plus hours a week). So today is day 2 (this detox is only for 7 days) and so far so good. I'm only eating natural foods but smaller amounts basically. We'll see how it all goes.
Right....... so the walking....well I would like to build up to walk a half-marathon if possible. I have a lot of endurance when it comes to walking and I think that I can do it but it is smarter to get myself in shape first so this is the plan. One of my instructors at school mentioned how important it is to build up your interests when you are young so that when you retire eventually you aren't bored.....well this got me thinking....and I started thinking that this is what I need to do because I tend to focus only on school or only on work and not do things for myself that I enjoy.....so my plan is to start with the walking thing......having hobbies etc. makes one a more balanced and well-rounded person anyways and this is what I want to try to become.
No comments:
Post a Comment