Monday, July 31, 2006

Aunty Karey

Both of the kitties absolutely LOVE (and I mean LOVE in the biggest sense possible) "Aunty Karey". Right now Archie is sleeping on Karey's stomach and Izzy is sleeping on a pillow on Karey's lap while Karey rocks in the orange chair and reads a book. It was so cute that Karey asked me to take a picture with her camera. I'll have to get a copy of it because it is truly adorable. I don't know what Arch and Izz are going to do when "Aunty Karey" is gone. They are really going to miss her....they've all bonded together....sigh......I know where they are coming from...I'll miss her too.

I think that I am in denial about her leaving...like it seems like it isn't really going to happen even though her stuff is pretty much all gone and her Dad and Kris came to take it away...it seems like it isn't really happening. Like when Greta was getting sick and it became inevitable that she was going to pass away - a part of me didn't really want to believe it so I think that I just blocked it out kind of and didn;t think about it until we went to see her and she was so sick and then we saw her a couple of weeks later and she was gone....and then it all hit me.

So like with Karey moving....I think that I am going through a similiar thing where a part of me doesn't want to believe that she really is moving and that I won't see her every day. So I am not really paying attentiong to it and I guess I am pretending like things are normal...only once she has moved....I'm afraid that the reality will hit me and I will miss her so badly..... It's not that I can't face reality, it's just that I don't want to sometimes...especially when it concerns people leaving me. I've faced so much loss in my life that it is hard for me to let people go and get used to not seeing them everyday.

I feel bad because I feel like I haven't been such a great friend to Karey for quite awhile. We haven't really done anything one on one for a long time because I have been so busy and our schedules have conflicted and because I have been struggling with some things and shutting people out. I love her though and she is one of my best friends and when I think of how she has helped me to grow I am grateful for her. I don't think that we would have become friends if she hadn't come up to me in church and started talking to me that one day and asked me to do things with them. I am very fortunate to have her as a friend.

So the kitties are not the only one who will miss Karey....I'm going to miss her too.......A LOT!

No comments: