Thursday, January 18, 2007

boring, boring...everything is boring

I'm trying something new with my hair. After my shower tonight I twisted various pieces into tiny little buns and then fastened them to my head with bobby pins. So now I have little buns all over my head. I'm going to sleep with my hair like this and see how it turns out. It could be cute, but it could also be disasterous...we'll see how it goes. This is what people with boring lives do...they experiment with different hair do's.

The process reminds me of when I was little and mom would put pink sponge rollers in my hair and I would go to sleep with them in in preparation for school pictures the next day.

Laura's brother Doug is staying with us for a few days. He has work over here. He is child number two in the family. He's nice and he likes cats and except for the fact that I see him at night one would hardly know that he is here. He's a good houseguest....even fed the cats this morning, which makes him ok in my books.

Experiment #2 of the day was using the FAST CLEAN option on my Blender after making hummus. It works pretty darn well I say and I'm glad that I discovered it...I think I'll take advantage of it more often.

Two disheartening things happened to me. The first is that the stone from my brand, new coral earrings fell out at work somewhere and I'll be lucky if I even find it.They are brand new!!! This was the first time I wore them! Jeez! The second is that the zipper on my boots broke....yup..it's true. Well I can't live without those Hush Puppies to tomorrow they are going to the shoe maker to get fixed. This was frustrating though and a real pain in the neck.

It's my birthday on Sunday and I don't feel especially excited about it. I'm not upset about it but I'm not excited either. I'll be 31. I think that mom is right, birthdays don't get that exciting anymore as you get older. Laura asked me if I was going to plan a dinner with friends and I think that my reply was "oh yeah....I guess so." I just don't feel 100% into it.

I don't feel especially excited about a lot of things lately. I feel kind of stagnant...like my life is dull and I am living each day the same. I like my job and stuff but nothing is exciting to me these days. It's a weird feeling. Does this happen to everyone or is it just me?

It's getting late and I've got to go to bed.

7 comments:

Karey said...

i can;t believe the zipper broke already. That sucks! i hope it doesn't cost a lot to get it fixed.

I think after christmas everyone feels that way. I'm totally going throught that right now. Although my life since i have moved here has been boring but lately it's bothering me. Probably b/c before christmas we are so busy getting ready and then nothing. that's my thought on it.

Anonymous said...

I think you've got the winter blahs! It's really common.
I remember those pink curlers- they ripped my hair out!!!

Laura said...

i feel that way really often. even about my birthdays too. then something comes along to make things exciting. sometimes all it takes is something small like a hair cut/colour or maybe it's a digital camera... :)

Anonymous said...

How does the fast-clean button work? I've never used mine before? Do put soap in there & whir it all up?!

LeashyLoo said...

Laine,

I think that I just put hot water in it and a little bit of dishsoap and then ya, I just pressed the fast clean button on there for a few seconds. It didn't get everything out but it made a difference. I think you should try it!

LeashyLoo said...

Laur and Karey,

Ya you guys are probably right. It was probably just winter blues....

LeashyLoo said...

Laine....yes the pink curlers.....the agony and discomfort we had to go through every school picture day......neat memories though!