So it's been awhile since I've posted. To tell you the truth I haven't felt much like writing these days. I'm kind of in a funk and a few things are bothering me. The main one right now is my job. Yes, I love my school and the people that I work with. I even love the wild kids that we have (and I'm learning to like our newest, undiagnosed, clearly ADHD, farm boy "from the hood", Grade 2 student who always talks about guns and asked me if we lock the doors at the school "only if the swat team comes"). But, this year I've been feeling like I am floating. I'm not really being mentored in the elementary classroom as I should be and consequently I feel like I'm not learning anything except how to refine my classroom management skills (divide and conquer is how Cathy G would say it) and how to keep the kids on track with finishing up their work. I can't give lessons on the spot and well....I just feel like I am floating. And, to top it all off, L proposed that I still be the designated Kindergarten teacher part-time, but also work in the intermediate class part-time with two students (where I would be under contract and not on salary...which would mess up when I was being paid and cause me to lose some health coverage). This was a surprise to me because I had just assumed that I would still be in the primary.
So this has been bothering me for the past couple of days. It's not my fault that I'm not being mentored properly and I feel like I can't say anything because it is not my classroom. It is a difficult situation. Anyways I know that I need to talk to L about this. I just need to clear my head to be able to do so.
Aside from this not a whole lot is new with me. I felt sick this past week so I didn't go to Curves. Consequently, I feel gross today. Tomorrow I am starting fresh though and I am going to try going there 4 times a week to see how it goes.
On a positive note I'm doing well on my ECE assignments....they are so easy...they just take time to do....time which I don't really have a lot of these days. I am working on a scarf for Helk. It is black and it is ribbed and so far it looks good I think. I hope he likes it. Maybe I'll take a pic of it and put it on here. I bought some water colours and oil pastels at Micheals a couple of weeks ago. I want to experiment with them but then I am "stumped" by what I should draw and this hinders me from trying. Maybe I should just pick something simple like and apple and give it ago. How will I know unless I try right?
I saw Walk the Line last night and liked it. I like the role that Reese Witherspoon plays as June Carter. Wow, that June Carter sure was a fiesty woman! I guess that she needed to be though in order to put up with Johnny. It was neat to hear familiar songs on the movie too.
So I haven't been calling or writing or emailing people that much these days. I didn't call my sister back when she called this week and I haven't talked to mom in awhile and I haven't written or called Karey and there are other friends that I need to get back too......I tend to unintentionally do this when I am in a slump or not feeling myself....I guess that it is because I don't want to "make a big deal" about my things or "bug people"....I tend to think that I'll just get over it. And I also don't want people to worry about me......and I don't know....I just have a hard time reaching out to people. Lately I have been feeling so emotional over things and I don't know why....I've been having lots of "dad" dreams as well. I don't know what my problem is. Maybe I just need to have a good cry.....maybe.
Izzy has been sleeping on my bed at night lately and I like it. She is so cute all curled up and even when she wakes me up by pawing at my face and purring loudly it doesn't annoy me. It's nice to have her in here.
1 comment:
Sister,
I know EXACTLY how you feel about not calling people back when you are in a slump- I do the very same thing. I wish you were feeling happier right now. Just remember that there are people who truly LOVE you and support you in whatever you do and if you want to talk I am always here.
Wierd about the Dad dreams. I have talked to him twice in the past couple of weeks for maybe a total of four hours. He was really reaching out to me and I am really feeling for him. I will tell you about our phone conversations.
I too have been feeling in a bit of a slump. I've been feeling less that motivated this semester, which is making me kind of edgy and frustrated with myself. Time to refocus!I love you lots and will try calling you again sometime this weekend.
Post a Comment