It's Saturday and it is 10:40 pm and I have been out about ALOT today. First it was Curves and then the bank and then Bizarre and Novelty to pick up tow Barker's hats and two swtichblade combs (only Cathy G already had bought them so going there was a bit of a waste of time for me - miscommunication) and then to Mr. Lube for and oil change and a transmission flush and then to Tisol and then Superstore and home. Do you know how long I was gone for? Six hours!!! SIX HOURS!!!! Ridiculous! I hate how it takes so much time to get anywhere here. Every man and their dog seemed to be out today. What a drag. It's days like today when I miss living on the island - the traffic isn't nearly as bad and it doesn't take forever to get anywhere!
At Mr. Lube there was a new guy named Michael working. I could tell that he was new because he kept checking things with Alex - the assistant manager. Alex is the guy who has been there the last few times that i have been at Mr. Lube. He gives me good suggestions about my car and when to get things done and always seems to be giving me some sort of discount. I guess he can do that because he is the assistant manager. Anyways, Alex is my man at Mr.Lube. He remembers me and is always really friendly and helpful.
So yeah this guy Micheal was new and was checking things with Alex. After the work was done he was about to send me on my way and I asked him if he wanted to check my lights (this is included in the 21 point inspection that they do when you get an oil change there). "Oh yeah" he says...."how can you tell that I'm new?". It turns out that this is his summer job and he is going back to school in September. He had to quit because he was in a motorcycle accident and had a concussion - he blames the forgetfulness on this. Anyways, he was a quirky but funny guy. I found his spaciness to be quite amusing!
Laine called me to say that my Dad is really coming out here this summer and that he arrives on July 15th and is staying for a whole month! Wow. Laine and Scott will be in their new place by then so...he'll be a block away from me. It's a little unreal to think about....since I haven't seen him for 15 years and haven't spoken to him for a long, long time either. I think that I am finally feeling ready to being open about the idea but....well......I guess that I don't really know how to "be" when he is here. Maybe I should just start by trying to be his friend and getting to know him again. I mean I don't think that I have ever really known him so this is probably a good place. I think that I would feel kind of weird doing one-on-one things with him...at least at the beginning but I want to be open-minded about it and I'm really going to try.
2 comments:
This entry made me smile!
Thanks Sister!
Post a Comment