Yesterday was our Remembrance Day assembly at school. It's funny because during assemblies the whole school gets together and I forget how few students we have until we are all seated there and the ceremony or presentation begins.
Anyways, each class did either a poem or a song or a play for the ceremony. Even the daycare kids were there and they did a poem about poppies. My class was last since they are the oldest kids. They first came up individually and said what peace meant to them. Then they sang two songs. One of them was a round called Red, Red, Rows and the other one was In Flanders Fields but set to music. They were practicing these songs in music class. Yesterday was the first time that I saw them sing the Flanders Fields song and when I watched them, something about the way that they sang touched my heart. One of my kids did a solo and then the rest of them joined in and even though there were only eight of them (and one of them is tone deaf) they sang so beautifully!!!! I was really, really proud of them. They are amazing kids and I feel fortunate that I am their teacher!
I am tired today and I don't feel like doing much but there is laundry to be done and food to be made and schoolwork to do. Report cards are coming up and i want to start getting things organized for that. They are always stressful to do and require so much time. But now, I am off to gofor a walk at Jericho with Lainey. I haven't been there since the summer so I am looking forward to it. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment