Thursday, December 13, 2007

Things that irk me

We have 7 days left of school until winter holidays and life has been nuts. I am feeling tired and sick and more than ready for a vacation. I'm feeling the need to share some things that are "irking" me right now, so bear with me.

1. The fact that someone in our building stole my dishsoap from the laundry room. What gives? Are people that hard up that they have to steal "DISHSOAP?" Ughhh!!!!

2. People who don't use their signal light - "HELLO! They are there to be used!"

3. The contraryness of one of my co-workers. It would be nice if "he/she" could agree once in awhile!

4. This mysterious rash that I have on my face - I have no idea where it came from

5. The fact that I still have a cold and it has been almost two weeks and there is no sign of it leaving. It is similiar to what I had in Taiwan = what seemed like a constant cold

6. The "I love you" lady in my building who ALWAYS calls out of her window "I love you baby" to her husband on the street at 6:30am every morning. Why? WHY is this necessary? Can't she just say her good byes at the door?

7. The people in my building and on my floor who are HEAVY SMOKERS. Smelling cigarette smoke throughout the hallway at 7:15 am is so disgusting. All apartment buildings should be smoke free in my opinion.

8. Silverfish. Enough said.

9. Parents who are late picking up their kids but don't call to say that they will be late.

Sorry about the vent. It needed to be said.

The custodian at work now considers me a confidant I think because she has started telling me all about her break up with her ex-boyfriend and how he is now with someone else etc. I made the mistake of asking her how her weekend was on monday and it was bad and then she told me all about how her ex left her and she needed to find a new apartment for her and her daughter and how she has tried to look at co-ops and no one has explained how to get into one and well....you get the picture. So now she gives me updates. I hope it all works out for her.

I feel sick with this cold and I am thinking now that it actually isn't a cold anymore because my sinuses get stuffed and the "sickness" all seems to be in that area. I don't have a sore throat or coughing or anything like that. Maybe I have a sinus infection. Whatever it is, I feel ill.

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

So sorry that you aren't feeling well. :( I know what you mean about parents not picking up their kids on time. Luckily, we have a policy that if they aren't picked up by 3:30 we can send them to the office to wait for their parents. (We get out at 3:20.) I, too, am looking forward to Christmas break.