Today I went for a walk with mom to Oma's beach. Wow, things have changed there. The road has been broken up from the gas lines and sewers that have been put in and there is now a tsunami warning sign there and some of the blackberry bushes have been taken out and some kind of steel cabinet has been put there. It looks so different. Mrs. Hanna's house is long gone in favour of a new fancy, schmancy house which doesn't really seem to belong in that neighborhood. Sometimes I wish that things wouldn't change.
While mom and I were walking on the beach we saw a dead Octopus. Some kids were poking at it, which annoyed mom and caused her to say something to them. It was pink and white and still had its head attached and its legs as well. Strange. I've never seen an Octopus wash up on that shore before. A dead sea lion - yes, but the octopus was a first for me. It made us wonder how that Octopus may have died. Poor creature. Later when we got back to Oma's Si asked us if we saw the dead octopus. He told us that he cut some of its legs off for fishing bait and put them in a bag in the freezer. Well, that's a fisherman for you.
I now have 4 members of my team for the Canadian Cancer Relay for life. If anyone wants to join let me know. It will be fun and the more the merrier!
I can't believe that I still have 2 weeks left of my holiday, but I'm glad. Mom is coming to Vancouver with me on Wednesday and will stay until Saturday. Then next week I'm going to spend some time planning for this next term and getting myself organized. I'll also need to go into the school to get my classroom organized as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment