Okay so I know that Laura put a similar title on one of her posts but I was thinking the exact same thing before I realized it so there. What can I say? We are melding into one person. Even Karey and my own sister can't tell our voices apart anymore!
Yes, I know, it has been awhile and things HAVE been going on in my life but I've been too busy and, at times, unmotivated to write about them. I AM going to start telling you about a few of the going ons in my life though because otherwise time will pass and I'll forget.
So, first of all...I had yet another birthday...the big 32. On Saturday evening I celebrated with the girls at RADHA yoga and eatery. I straightened my hair for the occasion just to do something different. All of the food there was vegan and it was soooooo good! I ordered some yam fries and some kind of a HEMP shake and a navy bean pot pie that came with MISO gravy. The yam fries were GOOD and the hemp shake was filling. The navy bean pot pie was okay...even after I got some new gravy. (I was the lucky one to find an elastic band in my gravy). I got a free dessert too and ordered this lemon cashew thing with blueberry compote but I didn't eat it until the next day. Anyways, it was cool being in that place. The atmosphere was pretty calm and they had pictures if children from Africa on their walls and different kinds of yoga sayings. I liked it. I'm glad I chose to go there.
After RADHA we went to our house and I got my first birthday cake - mint chocolate that my sis made me! It was DELISH! My sis is a great baker. They sang happy birthday to me and then we ate some cake and after we played "Catch Phrase". Laine and Heather beat Laura and I twice. WE decided to quit after that.
Yesterday on my actual Birthday, I got phone calls from my family (mom at 6am) and at work the staff had got me a cake and a card and sang happy birthday to me. My kids had made me a card and they gave it to me at the end of the day - it was so cute because they had been trying to be all sneaky about it. (They asked me if I had any idea and I said "no" even though I really did know, because I knew that they were trying so hard to keep it a secret...I didn't want to ruin their fun!) One of my girls gave me a necklace that she had made and then today both she and my other girl gave me a jewellery box and some earrings that they had made. Those kids are all so thoughtful! I was supposed to go out for dinner last night with Laine and Scott but it didn't work out so I went and got King Sushi instead (the sushi was just "ok" this time) and then at around 8 Laine and Scott and Randy and Heather came over and we had cake but this time it was a pomegranite chesecake that Laura had made! MMMMMM! It was so, so good! I got to open my presents too which were a really, cool knitting bag from Laura (she said that I could use it as a diaper bag later on - to which Randy, the smart aleck replied "I didn't think you'd be needing depends any time soon"....typical Randy) and a cute card and some Riesen from Heather and a card from Laine with a pressie to come later. I had a great birthday! I'll put some pics in here later.
Here is something random that happened to me today. I was in the staff room while my kids were in French and I felt hungry so I went to get a piece of my sushi from the fridge. Well my sushi has been jostled during my rush to leave this morning so some pieces kind of fell apart - no big deal right? Well I looked and spied a large piece of avocado from one of the pieces and happily put in my mouth and seconds later came to the horrible realization that the "avocado" was (yup, you got it) actually a blob of wasabi. BLECH! DISGUSTING!!! It was so sick, I spat it out and rinsed out my mouth and then made some tea to drink and ate some toothpaste to get the taste out of my mouth. Yuckus as my mom would say!
Ok, so I feel that it is time now for me to mention my internet friend that I have. Yes, a friend...not a boyfriend...not a beau...but a FRIEND. Now before some of you get all wiggety waggety and focus on the internet part, let me just tell you that he is actually a friend of one of my best friends and he actually works with her. So yes we technially met on the internet but it is not like he is some one who has just come out of the woodwork. So his name is Andrew and he lives in NZ and he has red hair...as in really red hair. He's a wee bit younger than me and a little on the geeky looking side but he seems nice and I'm enjoying getting to know him better. And this is all that I'm going to say right now.
4 comments:
reer, reeeer, reer, watch out for the spelling police X2:
"pomegranite chesecake"
argh! you would have to do this eh?
soooo, it's been about 2 months since an update..... just saying......
anonymous is me by the way.
Post a Comment