Alright, I know I know.....I have been meaning to update this for weeks and I just haven' t got around to it. This past term of teaching was stressful for me for a variety of reasons and dealing with some different classroom dynamics took a lot out of me. But it is over and I've had two weeks of Spring Break and my report cards have been written and sent out and we are into a new term right now and life is good. Yay! I even started running this week and my first session also went well.
So, I am feeling the need to update all of you on my relationship. Yup, it's true...I am in a relationship with a red-headed, foreign cutie and I am liking it! His name is Andrew and he is Australian but he lives in New Zealand. Many of you are probably wondering how I met him right? Well, the short story is that my good friend Becks (who lives in NZ) was telling me about this really nice guy that she works with and she thought that even if nothing "big" comes out of it maybe we could at least be friends. She said she was thinking of him and then thinking of me and thought that she would introduce us via email. She asked me if it was ok if she gave him my email address and I thought "why not?" I can always use another friend and if he isn't into that then whatever.
So I waited awhile and then nothing. I was curious one evening and decided to see if he was on Facebook, and sure enough, he was. I sent a message to check that he was Becks' friend (and he was) and then we started chatting and emailing once in awhile. We started emailing more around December and then he went away for Christmas. In January when he came back I kind of gave it the old "test to see if he really is interested" by not emailing for two weeks and waiting to see what happened. I mean a girl has to do this right? Why waste time on something that isn't going anywhere?
Well, wouldn't you know it but after two weeks he sent me an email to say "that it felt funny not hearing from me regularly"...and I knew it! He missed hearing from me. So we started emailing again, more regularly and then he told me about Skype and we started chatting on the phone. He came to visit me during my Spring Break and well.....now we are in a relationship. This is a picture of me and him.

Isn't he cute? I think so anyways. He is sooo nice and sooo sweet and kind and good and righteous, I can't believe that I have someone like him in my life. I feel so blessed. My sister likes him, Heather likes him (she thinks of him and I was Ron and Hermione....only a hardcore Harry Potter fan would think of that) my family likes him....even my uncle Hielke who can be hard on people likes him. He's just so awesome. He works for the church in the finance department and he served his mission in Japan. We just "click" so well and I don't know exactly what the future holds for us, but I'm smitten!
2 comments:
Thanks for letting me know your blog address! I was happy to get the update! I am so happy that you're happy and hope to meet Andy when he comes to visit next. Are you going to go to NZ any time soon?
It's great to see you so happy :) I like heather's idea lol.
Post a Comment