Monday, May 19, 2008

So it's been a couple of months since I last wrote in here....part of the reason for my lack of blogging is due to being busy and part of it has been a lack of motivation. I keep thinking of what to blog about and then I think that it will be boring so I don't do anything. I guess that any news though would be more interesting to read than no news so here it goes.

First off, yup I'm still with Andy. We're still a couple and we're doing the ld relationship thing. So far so good, but it is challenging because are as far apart as one could get and we miss each other a lot. I don't know 100% where things are headed with us but for now we are sticking with being a couple. I am going down to visit my good friend Becks and him in July so I am pretty excited about this. I'll be there for almost 3 weeks! How wicked is this?! I'm stoked!

It has been really, really hot yesterday and today...kind of extreme in a way because April was unusually cold. I went with Heather and Randy to see "Maid of Honour" and I was glad for the free ticket that I got from Laur for my birthday because the movie wasn't that great. It was ok and PAtrick Dempsey was hot but it was "predictable" as Heather would say and not really that funny. I came home and had a wee nap and then Heather and Randy picked me up and we went to Safeway to get some good and then we met Amber and her Dad and drove to Spanish Banks for a picnic dinner. It was still warm so we decided to park ourselves under a tree in the shade. There were so many people there - not surprising for the first hot sunny Saturday of the year and this being a long weekend and all. Lots of people were picnicing and some were swimming. It really felt like summer until the sun went down and it got a little cool. I love Spanish Banks. I love the grassy area there that is shaded by the trees. I love how the other side of the street is somewhat woodsy with grass and trees as well. Ok, Spanish Banks is somewhat "manicured" but I like that it still has a sense of naturalism to it. It is my favourite beach in Vancouver.

I have been inside the house all day today. I didn't got to church because I was feeling a little sick to my stomach and so I've been hanging out inside. I don't mind though. It has been quiet and peaceful and I have been able to get some things done like return emails and burn some CDs and read.

Oh yeah, I forgot to write something. Yesterday morning Laura brought me some brekkie in bed when she got home from picking Amy up at the ferry. It was a yogurt parfait and some cinnamon bites from McDs. What a nice surprise! I love Laursie...she's awesome. I am so fortunate to have such a good friend like her. I love my friends!

Tomorrow my and Yulaina are going for lunch...we get to spend some sista time togetha..ya baby! It's about time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well the tofu skin and fungus was certainly delicious!!

LeashyLoo said...

yeah no kidding! It was great even though it had a weird name!