Yesterday was the last day of school for me.....FINALLY! What I mean is that it was the last day of work/school. The kids finished last Friday and this past week has been full of meetings galore and moving furniture and cleaning out my desk and filing cabinet etc. As it turns out, the carpets in my classroom are being cleaned and the walls are being painted. This is nice and all, but I remember how stressed I was at trying to get things set up before school started last year and then it was the first day and I didn't feel ready at all. I don't want to feel like this in September and I am back from my trip on August 28th so yeah...we'll see what happens.
So I moved my furniture onto the linoleum of my room and I was quite impressed because I did most of it myself. Yesterday morning I attacked the staff room with a vengeance. Anita asked all of us teachers to help tidy up different areas of the school and one of the things that she really wanted work on was the staff room. It was so cluttered and just "depressing" feeling. Well as soon as I got in, I went to work at taking things off of the shelf and moving it and moving things out of the room and Fiona came and helped me and soon Jinah was also in tow. After a couple of hours, our staffroom looks 1000 times better! There is more space and we set up a little corner where people can use the phone and we rearranged furniture...it looks fantastic and everyone else really liked it, especially Anita. Lisa was also surprised when she came in for our end of the day staff meeting. "WOW!!!" she kept saying as her eyes went wide in astonishment. I think that Jinah and Fiona and I felt pretty proud of ourselves. It does look more inviting and cozy.
Today is a hot, hot day. I am contemplating walking over to the park and sitting there for a bit and having a read. Hmmmm.....maybe....I will.
Yesterday was Andrew's birthday. He is the big 29. Since I can't be there, I arranged with Becks if she could pick up some chocolates for me to give to him with a card and so it was done. I also sent him an email. He sent me some pics that were taken of him at work that day. I'll have to add them into here after when I am on my own computer. I think that he had a great day. Only 30 more days until I am in NZ yay! I leave in exactly for weeks. I can't wait!
Bee boppin Becks is coming in 5 DAYS!!! Yippeee! I am stoked! WE will have a fabulous time!
1 comment:
Hi Elicia (and of course I know who you live with Laura! How many Elicia's are there, anyways?) Anyways the recipe I use for my laundry soap is found here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/laundrysoap.htm
It's an american recipe and I have never found or heard of Fels Naptha. I use a bar of Sunlight soap instead. You can find it in the laundry aisle usually in the grocery store. It usually comes in packages of 2 bars of soap and I buy it in Save On. It is basically a bar of pure soap. At first I used the whole bar but these days I have been making a double batch at a time and using only 1 whole bar per double batch. It doesn't seem to have made any difference. Good luck!
Post a Comment