Saturday, October 11, 2008

I need to reconcile myself with my body. This is a need that I have had for many years, but have only recently come to the realization of it. I am getting married in a couple of months and I wish, oh I wish that my body would look beautiful for it and that i was the weight that i want to be....but I won't be....not by that time anyways. I wonder why society puts so much emphasis on a person't body size. I mean I get that it is important to be healthy and get enough exercise...this is a goal for myself as well...but it is ridiculous to think that all people are going to be the same size - even if they are healthy. It is difficult in my family too because, well, I come from a family of talls and skinnies - of which I am neither. I just want to be healthy and get enough exercise. The exercise part is so hard because it is hard to find the time. I need help with this..but how?
I need to just be ok with my body and realize that people love me for me - I mean I know this and I realize this...I just need to not worry about people judging me because I have gained a few pounds.

2 comments:

Laura said...

i know someone who thinks you're pretty hot, just the way you are. maybe you should try looking at yourself through his eyes and see what you see.

Karey said...

here here Laura. Leash you are beautiful and don't tell yourself otherwise.