Sunday, October 05, 2008

Rokko and other things

Conference today was really good. We ended us sitting behind Wiley and Brianna and Wiley's son Darren who eagerly waved hello to me. I have been thinking for awhile that Wiley and Brianna might make a neat couple and today I wondering if there were dating. Apparantly they have gone out on a few dates...so I guess that time will tell. I think that it would be really great for both of them if something worked out because they are both so much alike.

I heard a lot of things that I needed to hear today and I feel grateful to have been able to receive this spiritual strength. I am grateful for conference and for the freedom to be able to attend it in this country. The children's choir was so amazing too - the sound of their sweet voices filled my heart with peace and gladness and made me grateful for the examples that they are. It made me also think about what my future children might look like and be like. I hope that they will always feel and know that they are loved and I hope that they will always feel peaceful.

On the way home from conference we stopped at PetSmart so I could buy some things for Hammy and then we went to Rokko to look for material for my dress. I should have known not to go in there today because the sales ladies were kind of pushy and I am feeling tired and not in a good decision making mood - especially when I feel pressured. I mean yeah, sometimes I can deal with being pressured and not let it bother me, but today I just didn't have the mental capacity. They didn't have the lace that I wanted anyways and they were trying to get me to choose something different but I didn't WANT anything different and then they were talking about lining for the Satin and I there were two of them "at" me and I just decided to forget the whole thing. I told them that I wasn't in the right mind space to make a decision and that I would come back another day. One of the ladies (Laura said that she was Muslim) seemed somewhat offended when I said that because she made a point of telling me that they have the best selection and the best prices and then shut me off when she finished talking. Whatever. I wasn't offended because I am so tired. I was actually relieved to get out of there. Laura and I are going to look at a store called Fabricana in Richmond - hopefully this week sometime. It is better for me to look at all of my options anyways instead of deciding on a whim.

Speaking of wedding plans...I am feeling overwhelmed....there seems to be so much to do and so little time to do it. I haven't done a whole lot other than book photographers and get my dress sorted out because I haven't had the time. I have some serious time issues.

I am feeling a little stressed because some people from the Ministry are coming for a visit sometime and they are possibly going to ask to see if I am matching my montessori outcomes with the IRPs. I do this, but I don't have it down on paper so I am trying to madly do this. This, in itself is a time consuming job. I still need to get things ready for my portfolio (i.e. photocopy work) and begin studying for my exams and get my things together so that I can get my credentials assessed......ahhhhhh!!!!! I hate having so little time for myself




This week Laura and I gave Konichiwa a try for dinner. I was surprised at how good the sushi there is and how reasonable the prices are. I like that place. I hope that they stay for awhile. After, we went and got cinner buns at Wick's Cafe which ended up being as delicious as expected..mmmmmmm good.

1 comment:

Lisa C said...

Hey Leash,

Fabricana is a good store. I got the material for Evelyn's curtains there. I found the sales people to be friendly but not pushy. I must admit, I've never looked at lace there though.