Saturday, May 02, 2009


Kuma looks so handsome with his new, green snap collar and black ID tag...blending into my black cords as he sits on my lap. "Ahhh" he sighs....this is the life. I'm his favourite, and I'm glad.

The truth is that poor little Kuma has been under the weather as of late. A couple of weeks ago we noticed him limping. We took him the the vet a couple of days later and had x-rays done and found out that he has dislocated his knee cap, probably by landing a certain way after jumping. Apparantly, the vet thinks that he might also have a predisposition to week knees because his other one ( we are talking about his hind legs) is also weak. So, we have been giving him pain medication and trying to keep him less active but not he is hobbling around on three legs and not even putting any weight on the leg at all. I am thinking that he will need surgery. He's only 6 months old! We are looking at getting pet insurance to pay for some of these medical costs. Poor cat. Here is where they shaved his paw to put the IV in so that they could x-ray him.
In other news, the work visa is still not here. "It's still in progress" the man at immigration bluntly told me on the phone. Well, what does this tell me? Nothing! I hope it comes soon because I am tired of feeling ingrounded and I'd like to seriously look for a job and I really just want my passport back because it is my ID here and I feel safer with it.
Today I went to the temple with my friend Laura. Not Laura Clarke this time but Laura Hunter. We had an 8am session and it was wee bit hard to keep the peepers awake and open, but I managed. I even got mostly of the stuff at the veil right which I felt proud about it. When I got back home Andrew told me that we were going to his friend's son's 1st birthday party. The party was cute though the only people I knew were Andrew and Danny and Mandy (the parents - but I only met them once at our wedding open house). Their son is a little chubber....he likes to eat and eat...well at least he isn't starving! We came home with a case of kiwis. I have no idea what I am going to do with them yet...maybe make kiwi jam? Who knows? We then went to Animates and got some deals on pet supplies for Kuma. He needed litte badly if you know what I mean.
Not much is new and exciting with me, really. I got a surprise package in the mail and it was these MR. MEN fridge magnets from Karey! Yay! I LOVE THEM! Thanks Karey...you so know my taste. (Sorry they are sideways, I am too lazy to fix it right now)

I also got my The Artist's Way book in the mail so I can finally start it. It was too hard trying to start it while borrowing it from the library because I had to worry about the due dates and all. Now I have my very own copy.

It is getting colder here. I actually wore my cords today and I wore tights as well. Fall is upon us. Andrew has a nasty cold and I sure hope that I don't get it from him. He gets colds easily (I think so anyways) when he is busy and stressed like he has been.

I have really been missing my mom and my sister as of late. I was thinking about them a lot today amd wishing that they were close by. I miss not having family close by. I guess with Mother's Day coming up and me teaching the Primary some Mother's Day songs, I am feeling the effects even more. Sigh.....sometimes it feels like I have moved the end of the earth.

I thoughts I'd post some pics I've taken lately. Here's looking at you kid....Kuma 2 months ago.


More recent pics of Kuma.








That's all I have to write about for now.

3 comments:

Laura said...

aww poor kuma. can't they pop his knee back in? i love the pic of him popping his head out of the box!

Karey said...

i love the pic of Kuma's eye peeking out of the box. oh lol i guess the same one laura likes :)

Do the froot loops taste the same there lol.

LeashyLoo said...

No, they can't....the joint near his patella is inflamed and he is walking funny now. If they don't do surgery than he will have problems with his leg for the rest of his life. We just got pet insurance which should cover about 80 percent of the surgery. He goes in on friday. Poor cat!

Yeah my fav is the one of him poking his head out of the box as well. He is such a character.

To be honest, I haven't tried the froot loops here. We just got the box from the grocery store to put our groceries in and kept it for Kuma to play with...LOL! The next time I try some I'll let you know lol!