Two more days of work and then it is school holidays. This also means that it is holidays for me. We have had "Appreciation Week" at our school which pretty much means that you draw the name of another teacher out of a hat and then you have to do nice things for them all week that would make them feel appreciated. I barely know the teachers at my school and I know that Senior area teachers even less (the ones that teach Years 5,6,7,8,). I got the name of one of the Senior teachers. Some of the people go all out and do really creative things for the person whose name they have drawn. Me=not so much. I'm pretty much just giving small tokens like a chocolate bar, candies etc. It is kind of expected that you do something for this person every day. I'd like to say that it has been fun doing this, but I have found it more of a chore to be honest because this last of week of school is busy enough with trying to figure out how many new kids are starting in Term 4 and teaching my current ones and having a million meetings etc. I guess it would be more fun if I actually knew the person that I was doing this appreciation stuff for. It has been nice to get stuff though. Someone gave me a bath bomb and some orchids and a stuffed kiwi which my class named Karey and has become a class pet.
Excuse me while I get Kuma out of the hall closet for the millionth time.
Okay, I'm back. So yeah, it is nice to get stuff but the whole running around and thinking of nice things to get someone has been a bit much. I'll be glad when this week is over.
On Saturday Andrew and I are leaving for Australia for 2 weeks because his brother is getting married. Am I excited about going? Yes and no. Yes, because it be a nice change and I can go shopping anf finally buy some clothes (for a decent price) that fit me and other things like MAC make-up that they don't sell here. Yes, because the weather is nice and warm there and yes, because I could use a change of scenery and the break from work. No, because I feel like it is going to be stressful there. For the first week, we are staying with his brother who is getting married and from what I have heard his fiance is being a Bridezilla. No because, after they get married we will stay at Andrew's Dad's girlfriend's house - where they both live along with Jenny's 19 year old daughter (who is highmaintenance and very, very loud and whiney) and 20 something daughter who just came back from England - both of whom live there too. I feel apprehensive about going because it just sounds like it is going to be so busy with the wedding and everything going on from the time we step off the plane and because, Andrew's family is just really, really different from mine and there are some big issues going on with some people in it.
I know that it will be busy, but I want to be able to relax too and do my own thing and not always have to be here or there or wherever because people expect it. I already told Andrew that if I feel too stressed I'm going to go for a walk. I have to. I need my peace and quiet and I have a feeling that this is the only way that I am going to get some. I guess I'll see how it goes. Keep a positive attitude right?
Kuma is staying here while we are away and my friend Katherine is going to come and feed him every day. I feel worried about him being here by himself because I think that he will get really lonely and maybe even depressed. He is really a social cat and is all over us when we get home from work. I hope that he is okay with her coming here and will be friendly with her. I do feel better about him being in his own home though instead of someone else's or in a cattery. I just hope he doesn't get depressed and doesn't do too much damage here. I'll have to give Katherine our contact details just in case. I am grateful that she is willing to feed him because so many people are going away for the school holidays.
Anyways, I don't have much else to write. I am feeling ok these days. Not 100% but ok. Last night I couldn't sleep because I had indigestion. I didn't know what caused it but I think that it could have been something in the rice dish that I made last night or oranges because the same thing happened to me after lunch today and I ate the same meal. It was most unpleasant and hope that I can get a decent sleep tonight.
I'm going to bed.
1 comment:
Did i ever say how much i like your new skin? Nice job Bethany. I like the name of your pet Kiwi. i couldn't think of a better name myself :)
Have fun in Australia. I would love to go there. Maybe it won't be as bad as you are expecting. I find that happens to me sometimes. imagine the worse and it never is that bad. good luck. miss and love you tons!
PS post some pics of you prego :)
Post a Comment