Today I made my sister's banana black bean recipe for dinner. It was SO DELICIOUS! I loved it. And it was fast to make too. Andrew was kind of lukewarm about it. I asked him how he like it and his reply was "it's interesting". A reply like this, when we were first married would really bother me because I wanted him to like the things that I made and, I had big shoes to fill because Sister Howard (Andrew lived with her and her family while was saving money to go on his mission and they LOVE him like he is their own son....actually they probably love him more than their own son but that's a different story) was a great cook and all I seemed to hear when we were first married was how good her food was and blah blah blah. So you see.....there was pressure....at least I felt pressure. But now, I am over worrying about trying new things because he might not like it. So anyway, it was good eats and if any of you want the recipe...well too bad because it is a family secret.....no just kidding. I can pass it along to you. Let me know.
Today I had my first "I think that I may have really hurt my child" scare. I was bouncing Bethany on my knee like a galloping horse and she leaned back and kind of did a summer sault (still holding my hands) and landed in her feet. Well she was stopped for a second and then started to cry and cry and cry. I thought that she was ok but I also had a niggling feeling that she might have really hurt herself. Anyway she was tired and we had some cuddles and then I put her for a nap and she was down for three hours. When she woke up she was still teary and jerked a bit when I picked her up...as though her back hurt and started to cry. Well I fed her and thought I better take her to the doctor just in case. AFter she had eaten and we were at the doctor she seemed much happier. She was fine and the doctor was pretty nice about it even though I felt bad for wasting his time. He wrote out a prescription for some cream to try for Bethany's excema / rash that she tends to get around her mouth so it wasn't all a waste.
One the things I dislike about winter here is that it takes FOREVER for the laundry to dry. We have a clothes rack inside but unless we put the heater on it takes days for the laundry. We don't have our dryer hooked up either which is good in a way because we save money on power, but also annoying because we have to rely on the clothes rack...and not a full load of laundry fits on the clothes rack. I have a load of whites to do still and some baby things......
Hey, we leave for Canada in three and a half weeks. Woohooo! I am getting so excited! I can't wait to see family, friends, drink a slurpee or two, go clothes shopping, show Andrew and Bethany around Nanaimo and Lantzville, go swimming in the ocean, go to Metrotown, go to the Vancouver Temple......it will be so great! Yay!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment