Saturday, June 04, 2011

Nine at nine fifty

1. My child is STILL awake. She even had a nap today and woke up at 4:30pm but for some reason she just won't go to sleep. It's 9:39pm - way past her bedtime and she is cheerful as though she has just woken up. So we are letting her play a bit and hopefully that will tire her out.

2. I'm in the process of making Tracy's buns. Thanks to Sarah I now have the recipe and I love it. They haven't made me famous yet because I haven't been to too many places where I need to bring a potluck item but they will....mark my words.

3. I went to the temple today with Ryan and Mereana. It was really, really good for me. I felt refreshed and rejuvenated afterwards. I need to go more often.

4. It's been raining and windy here. Soon we will leave this wretched weather to bask in the sunny weather of my home and native land.

5. I miss having certain people close by me here that I can talk to about anything. You know who you are. I NEED to talk to you about something but you are not here. This is hard.

6. I knit Bethany a had today but it was WAYYYYY to big. I gave it to Mereana to see if it will fit Eva. I hope so. Otherwise I'll donate it.

7. I have nothing to wear to church these days....it is frustrating and disappointing. I hope I find some cute clothes in Canada.

8. Mereana and I are singing the prelude in Sacrament tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good about it. I think that we will sound nice. Mereana has a beautiful voice.

9. I really, really, really miss being able to develop my musical talent. I miss the piano. It is my outlet......my gift....a part of me. Maybe it isn't my only gift but I feel like it is one of the only ones that I am good at. I guess I should work at developing another gift but which one?

4 comments:

{larissa} said...

sorry it's been a rough night for you!! hope that Bethany has a better night tonight.
I am so glad to hear that you are about to go home. It will refresh and remind you that all is well. take empty suitcases so you can buy tons of stuff!!! wal mart is calling your name.

Laura said...

well what about the FLUTE? or your voice? can't wait until you are here man. miss you man.

Karey said...

now i want home made buns. ca you send me the recipe?

Sarah-Lynn said...

I have the same problem with church clothes. Every week I try on several different outfits and every week Kyle hears me whine about not having anything to wear. I have a couple skirts that date back to 2004. Actually come to think of it- most of them do. Oh and you just made me want buns...