Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Today has been a bit of an adventure so far. You see.....our front door has this mechanism where it locks automatically as soon as you shut it from the outside. You can adjust the lock so that it doesn't so this, but then the door doesn't shut properly and with all of this wind we have been having these days it is easier to just leave it on the regular setting. We have been living in this place for a little over a year now and I have been really good about making sure I had my keys with me before shutting the front door. I often wondered what would happen if I locked myself out but it had never happened so I didn't think much about it for a long time. By now you can obviously see where I am going with this. Yup, today was the day I locked myself and Bethany out. I had an armful of things like Bethany's bike and her bag and a bag of library books and her car seat (Yes, trying to carry too many things at once just to save myself an extra trip....when will I learn) and was trying to manouver everything (including her) out the door and down the stairs and then as soon as I shut the door I realized what I had done. Yes, it happened! The good news is that I had my wallet with me so Bethany and I went on a bus ride to Andrew's work and got his set of keys and had a snack in the lunch room in the office and then took the bus back home. So that was our little adventure for the day. Not that exciting but I think that Bethany enjoyed taking the bus other than the fact that the A/C on there wasn't working and it was dang hot!

The other night I had a dream that I gave birth to a chicken and that the real baby was supposedly still coming but nobody was listening to me when I was trying to tell them. Bizarre. "At least you gave birth to a chicken on not the egg" Elena says. Ya....I guess so.

3 comments:

Karey said...

i was telling someone the other day about your bizarre dreams. that's really funny.
Kris, the girls and i took the tain downtown last year to go to Stampede and the next day the girls said the best thing about the day was taking the train. Good to know lol

Karey said...

FYI i never leave comments b/c i never used to be able to at work. apparently i can now :)

Laura said...

that's hilarious about giving birth to a chicken. ha!