Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Today is the 3rd anniversary of my marriage to Andrew. Three years already! In some ways it seems like it has been much longer than that because there have been so many changes in my life since that day. But we have survived three years together and that says a lot. He is a good man. We celebrated by going out to Daikoku - a Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant for lunch. It was DEEEELISH! I haven't eaten such good food like that in a long, long time. What a treat! My friend Cathie and her family looked after Beester for a couple of hours so it was just the two of us. Hooray! Afterwards we went for a walk around Takapuna and then to the church to print off my lesson for Sunday (I am teaching the 14-15 year olds this year...well until April or May anyway when the baby is about to come) and then to pick up the girl. So it was all pretty low key. Andrew bought me a new shirt and a dress for our anniversary. He bought me some clothes for Christmas too. This is the first time he has EVER bought me clothes so it was really thoughtful and nice. They are maternity clothes, but they are nice maternity clothes to add to my limited wardrobe. Lucky me!

My beloved sister is gone now. She left yesterday and the tears were a-flowing on and off all day. I miss her already. It just doesn't feel the same. It was so great to have her here! We went up to Cape Reinga together and all around the North Island and we went to so many beautiful places around Auckland and area and she came with us to Levin too and Rotorua. She helped me with Bethany and made good dinners and we talked and talked and watched movies and SuperNanny and Documentaries together and ate treats together. It was so much fun! I had missed these things. Having her here was the best. I don't when I will see her again. I sure wish we were moving back to Canada in the near future but the timing just isn't right for us. I know that I need to be patient and wait to see what works best for Andrew in terms of work and school etc. and what works best for our family...but it is tough. It is hard not to get homesick at times.

I have said this before and it never really seems to end up happening because I don't seem to make it a priority but I am really hoping to take more time on self-development this year...you know...doing things that make me happy. I am inspired by Elena and Laura and Heather and others that I know who are making this a priority. Andrew bought me a new set of acrylic paints for Christmas and so I want to give them a go and try painting again. I just need to get rid of this creative, self-critic block that I am in and go for it. Anyway, these are just some thoughts that I have for this year - well 2012 that is.

In other news I am 20 weeks along and felt the baby move for the first time last week. Two great punches or kicks happened the day after I saw my midwife so this was good to know. I went for another ultrasound to check the heart chambers (they couldn't see them the first time) and everything looks good. The technician printed out a picture of the face which, looks like of scary and alien-like in a way, but is also very cool. Who knows what this little girl or boy will look like? Red har maybe? Auburn maybe? Blue eyes? Brown eyes? Who knows? (Bethany's are light brown by the way). Time will tell.

Got to go and make some egg salad sandys for dinner. Not sure how Beester will receive them...she's become pretty picky lately!

1 comment:

LeashyLoo said...

This was written on December 30th...just forgot to post it before