Friday, March 16, 2012

Since Bethany is now 2 I've decided it is time to get rid of the soother. As you know this has been a source of much worry and stress for me. Bethany has always used her soother to help her go to sleep...which enables me to get sleep....see what I mean. Well, in a couple of months Johncey #2 is coming and I don't want two kids with soothers so the time has come. Today, when Bethany was not looking...I cut the nipple of her soother. Later, when she was getting ready for her nap I showed it to her and said that it was broken. (Note: I felt extremely guilty cutting the soother in the first place and being dishonest........this seemed a better option though than just chucking it in the garbage). So she was upset and didn't want to stay in her crib. I hugged her a few times and put her down and left and she was still crying but eventually stopped. Well, it has been an hour and a half now and I hear her singing and talking to herself. I don't want to go in again because she wants me to take her out when I do. She has library books in there (which I hope she hasn't ripped) to keep her occupied. So, not more tears but also no sleep (even though I know that she is tired).......hmmmm....this is going to make for a long day.....I hope this doesn't mean that she will give up her afternoon naps!

No comments: