I've got 6 weeks to go...well 6 weeks less a day to be EXACT. Today is a day of stiff legs for me and feeling rather hot. It is not hot outside...it has been rather windy actually...but it is somewhat humid - New Zealand....Auckland rather...is known for its year round humidity. In the summer it is not so nice when the temperature is sky high and in the winter it is also not so nice because it makes it feel colder than it actually is. You just can't win. It is Autumn now and the wind today is great but so gusty that it keeps slamming my windows shut....so alas, not much breeze for me inside.
I don't want to make dinner. I'm tired and want to rest. It's been a busy day of running errands which have included returning Andy's super heavy library books (why do accounting books have to be so huge?) to Massey library where a friendly Indian man directed me to the book return box and gave Bethany a chocolate Easter egg. What can I say? My girl is charmer...all she needs to do is smile that sweet smile and people are hooked. Love it! Next it was getting gas (or petrol as they say here) at Pak N' Save (yes this is how it is spelled....grammar is atrocious here....don't even get me started) and then off to Mitre 10 Mega for Hot Chocolate morning. The first Wed of the month is a hot choc morning at the cafe at Mitre 10 organized by our RS presidency to try and get people out and social and also take out some of the older sisters in the ward who don't drive. (Mitre 10 is a hardware store BTW). I've been to two. Not that many people go but that's ok. They have an indoor play area for kids and Bethany is happy to climb around in there for a bit. After an hour we went to buy a new night light and spray bottle. This is where Bethany started to "grizzle" (again a KIWI term....but I never use it....just thought I'd fill you in on some lingo here). She managed to get her arms out of the stroller straps (a new trick of hers which she also seems to do in the car.....not cool) and kept saying "OUT OUT OUT" over and over very loudly. I tried my best to ignore it but then she started to cry and shout and threw her beloved Sparkle Bear on the floor (this is what she does when she is frustrated with me). I picked it up and picked out a night light and went to pay. She was happy enough holding the purchases but then started wailing and crying in the car........so it was home we went.
I tell you, this whole age 2 thing is trying for me. I love my kid and I am sure that compared to others she is quite mild but man! The selective hearing and chucking things around when she is frustrated is trying my patience.......what's the deal?
I fixed one of B's books and wiped mould off the walls and vaccumed today too and did other things. No wonder my legs are stiff.
Anyway, this has been my day so far.I'm sure this post has been thoroughly exciting for you to read. I guess I need to get my child out of bed (it takes her FOREVER to fall asleep for a nap these days now that she doesn't have her soother and even though she is clearly tired) and make dinner. It's easy chinese fried rice today.
Our hospital bill refund is supposed to come next week. Hooray! Step 1 pay off credit card. Step 2 put the rest in our bank account. Step 3 buy some drawers so that I have somewhere to put the babe's clothes.
1 comment:
good post leesh! believe it or not, it's just the kind of post that i do find interesting because i don't get to see you and be with you in your reg life anymore.
Post a Comment