Thursday, April 12, 2012

                                                        Loving watermelon. Seriously.


 Dressed up for church or Easter Sunday. she actually let me put 2 ponies in her hair and kept them in the whole time. AMAZING!

Yup, so here are a couple of recent pics of my little B. I find it funny that I have so many nicknames for her (i.e. Booboo, Sweet Cheeks, Lovey Dove, Sweet Pea) and Andrew doesn't have any. He only ever calls her Bethany and that is it. Interesting. But then again his family is very formal that way. They don't have nicknames for each other. I mean nobody in his family ever calls him Andy (unlike mine who only ever refer to him as Andy)...it's always "Andrew". Anyway.....I am get sidetracked.

So yes here is my beautiful B. She is 2 now and becoming quite a character! She really is such a charmer...always smiling at other people and saying "hi" and "bye" to random people. She is friendly and outgoing that way (these qualities definitely come from me, I am proud to say!) and I love it. She likes to joke around too (i.e. the watermelon photo) and be silly at times and dance to the Wiggles and play. She is so good natured and I am grateful for this. Oh she definitely has her moments and exerts her own will (which can be frustrating at times) but in general she is a happy kid. How did I end up so blessed to have such a sweet, kind girl?

        Dancing to the Wiggles DVD. This is supposed to be a vid but for some reason I can't upload it.

I've been thinking a lot about motherhood. It is hard work man. Really hard work. Being a teacher, I thought that I was prepared for motherhood. I mean I didn't expect to know everything but I felt like I knew a lot. The truth is that I didn't know that much at all. Having my own child is much, much different than teaching other people's kids. And I make mistakes at times....I feel like I am learning as I go.....and this is ok because I am not expected to be the perfect mom and I never will be. I think that if I keep trying my best, Heavenly Father will make up for everything else. I love it though. DEspite the tiredness and repetitiveness and tough times, I love being a mom. I love Bethany and the things that she teaches me. I love it when she dances and says "too" because she wants me to dance with her. I love her kisses and hugs and her funny laugh. I love it when she sings..(I'm told that she is the loudest singer in nursery). There are so many things that I love about her that I can't list them all. Motherhood really is a noble calling. And you know, we are all mothers. Each one of us is a mother to someone. It could be the kids you teach in Primary or school......or your own kids, or nieces and nephews, cousins, children of your friends, your siblings......we are all mothers and we have these divine gifts. Amazing, when you think about it. We all have the potential to do good in the world and be a mother to someone.

No comments: