Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The jaws of death.....or life....

Yes, I did. I saved a poor, humble sparrow from the jaws of death. The jaws of my black feline if you will. I was outside calling him for his dinner and he lurks out of John and Sandra's yard (our neighbours....the yard his is playground) with a bird in his mouth. Well, I felt compelled to take action and so I did. I crept up to my cat and grabbed him which caused him to let go of the bird and then locked him in the house. I went back to the bird and it was quivering but his eyes were still open. I gently nudged him and after a few times he struck up the courage to fly into the bushes.

I was so relieved! This is the second bird that we have saved from the jaws of death. The first one was a Tui (a native NZ bird with a beautiful song...look it up on the internet) but he didn't make it. We were so sad! Hopefully the sparrow will recover well.

1 comment:

Laura said...

way to go, leeshy. maybe your black rascal needs a bell or something.