Friday, April 13, 2007

doctor's words

Well....I went to the doctor today...Dr. HaQ that is. I needed a prescription renewal but I also wanted to ask him about my hearing because I've been feeling especially concerned about it lately. I can hear of course....but when there is a lot of background noise it is really hard and yes, I do tend to turn the tv up quite loud (louder than normal I think). It is starting to make me feel a little distressed. So he checked my ears and said that they look perfectly normal and there is no wax buildup or anything but he recommended that I go and get an audio assessment done so I'm scheduled for one for next week. This will tell me if there is anything abnormal and then we can go from there. Maybe my ears are fine and it could just be me worrying but I know that I haven't always had a problem with hearing despite background noise and I know that I haven't always had to turn the TV up loud. It is only in the past few months or so that I'm really starting to notice this. I think that my ears are more sensitive to noise since being in Taiwan. And if they are wrecked...well I blame it on Taiwan - everything is loud there...including the people (no offence).

Oh yeah...the doctor took my weight (this was a dreaded task) and told me that my ideal weight is 155 lbs. I am a long ways away from even being close to this weight. He said that I need to work really hard to get there. Don't I know it. I don't think that it is even possbily for me to get there. I felt down yesterday because I weighed myself at Curves for the first time in a couple of months and it appears that I haven't lost anything. What gives? Yes I can feel myself gaining more muscle but I'd like to be losing some pounds too! Sometimes this whole weight loss thing seems to hopeless. It's frusterating.

3 comments:

Karey said...

i used to stress out about my weight and then one day i decided not to and that's when i started losing all of it. I still have a long ways to go but I don't stress about it now. Maybe you should give it a try :)

Anonymous said...

Leash, I worry about my weight all the time. It's hard not to but if you're watching what you eat and trying to get some exercise then you're doing a good job!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice and support guys! I appreciate it :)