Monday, April 23, 2007

Well, well. All that i can think of to say to start this is "well, well".

Some things in my life are starting to get hairy again. I found out on Friday that I most probably will not have a job at BBMH next year due to Lize going back into the Primary classroom and there not being enough enrollment for an afternoon preschool. Lize said that maybe there would be enough special ed funding for me to work in the intermediate room with some specific kids but even then it would be part-time and they won't find out their special ed budget until June or even September. She suggested that I talk to a friend of hers who wants to hire someone for his school with an ECE certificate, montessori training and a BC teaching certificate or to go on the TOC list in Vancouver and stick with Montessori or just go on EI for awhile (which is 75% of your pay apparently)......

Anyways, this is the BIG news I've recently received. I'll admit...it bothers me...ALOT. I had a feeling that I may not be in the same position next year but I thought that I would at least HAVE a position so this was a surprise to me....more like a shock really. I'm still trying to digest it and when I really think about it I start to feel really emotional because despite all of the craziness I love it there. I love the staff, and the kids and the building and it is the first place where I have taught where I really feel like I've belonged and like I am a part of things. And soon I won't have that anymore...all of those connections with the kids and staff will just vanish....it just doesn't seem fair.

So now that this has happened I need to start thinking about other things like my montessori practicum that I am supposed to do this September and how that is going to work and more importantly, what AM I going to do for a job then? It's been suggested to me that I go on the TOC list in Vancouver and Richmond because then I'll get my name in and can take some long-term subbing assignments for montessori if they come up but....the thought of going on a TOC list for those big districts makes me feel so anxious.......

I'm starting to question too whether or not I should even go to school this summer at all....I feel so tired and I feel like I need time to think about what I am going to do and I don't seem to ever have that time.

2 comments:

Karey said...

sorry to hear that. I'm sure everything will work out with time. hang in there :)

Lisa C said...

Elicia, I feel your uncertainty. With moving to Vancouver and leaving behind my beloved job, and having to find a new one, I too am feeling very anxious and worried and nervous and uncertain.