Ooooooooweeeeee! My mouth is on FIRE! I was adding some Kaitaia fire sauce to some leftover fried rice (which I made, but was a little on the bland side) and absent-mindedly added too much. I tried to offset the fire on my tongue with some rice milk but it isn't working so well. That's life!
So this week I worked one day as a relief teacher at a montessori preschool and loved it! I don't have my work visa yet (I have been diligently calling immigration and found out today that my medical assessment came back with no findings.....what a waste of time - a whole month just to confirm what my medical exam said in the first place....jeez), but this lady was deparate for a relief teacher and said that she would pay me cash so I was like "sure, why not?". I really liked the school and the lady who owns it. She has extensive montessori and special needs experience and has taught in the US as well. I felt right at home at her school and thoroughly enjoyed it. Her school is affiliated with another school that I inquired about and I actually went for an interview this past week with the head of that school and his vice president. It went really well and it looks like I may possibly have a job there. It would be with 10 students in a 6-9 years class (which is my favourite age group anyways) not too, too far from where I live. I would have to take the bus and I think that maybe it would take about a half hour to get there. So....I'll see what happens!
In other news, Kuma is getting bigger and crazier. He literally tries to climb the walls and runs around like a maniac when he is hyped up and he is always trying to nip and bite me. What's the deal? I am hoping that some of this behaviour will calm down once he is fixed. I don't remember Archie being like this when he was little. Any suggestions for calming him down? We don't even give him catnip......
4 comments:
he's a kitten! he's supposed to be crazy! archie had izzy to nip and be crazy with!
is there gravol for kittens. it worked on us when we were kids LOL :)
Kuma WILL totally calm down once his bits are cut off.
You might have a job!!! That is sooo awesome, yay Leasha!
I know, I know....good points everyone. I forgot that Archie had Izzy to nip and bite....Kuma has me and Andrew (mostly me) to nip and bite.....i'll check out the gravol....for those real trying times (thanks Kare)........true EH he will be calmer when he's been "desexed" as they say here...I'll keep you posted about the job guys....promise!
Post a Comment