So, next Friday, Bethany and I leave for Canada and arrive in Canada. I was hoping to make a trip to Canada sometime this year....it just came early. The reason why we are coming ASAP is because my Oma is dying. She was in the hospital for quite a few weeks and was just getting worse and worse. She finally asked to be taken off her medications and brought back home because that is where she wants to die. So she will be on pallative care until that happens. It could take days or even weeks (this is what my uncle Simon says) but I think that it will happen soon. It might even happen before Bethany and I come - I have a feeling that it will.
I will be in Canada for a month and hope to visit some of you there. I am not sure what anyone's plans are. I am not even sure what my own plans are once I am there. It will be good to be home for a visit even though it will be bittersweet in a way.
7 comments:
how exciting! glad you can make the trip-- though it's bittersweet. at least you'll get to go "home" for a time. enjoy; so thrilled for you!
Oh Leash i'm so sad for you. not that your coming but b/c of your Oma. I hope you get to see her before she passes away. I will do everything i can to come see you before you leave. Have a safe flight. love and miss you tons.
it's sad about oma, but at least you can have the satisfaction that she led a really good and full life and you got to really know her and spend time with her growing up. i'm glad you're coming home and i really hope you'll be able to get here in time. i'm leaving on the 17th for two weeks for utah but your last two weeks here, i'll be here. hope i'll get to see bethany! hey you can come to the open house maybe! and i have a ticket for the youth cultural celebration on may 1st if you want! let me know man. love ya man.
I hope you enjoy your time home! Even though it's bittersweet being there with your family will make it so much easier.
we'll invite Andrew over for dinner while you're gone!
I'm sorry about your Oma. I hope she holds out for you. I can't wait to meet Bethany!! (I hope I get to) Maybe you'll need your hair done while you're here??
Thanks Ladies. Thanks for your support and kind words. Karey, I would love for you to come and visit me. We are in Canada from April 16th until May 22nd. I will be staying on the island mostly but hope to make a trip to Vancouver to visit with Laura and Edith and see a few people over there.
Laura....I would really like to come to the Open House. Can I bring Bethany there with me? The Youth Cultural festival sounds cool. I'll have to be in touch with you more when I am at my mom's.
Sarah, are you still in Nanaimo? I actually just got my hair done but I would love to come for a visit anyways.
Nea, thanks for being so positive. You are awesome!
Larissa, thanks for the encouragement. Yeah it will be pretty quiet for Andrew when we are gone. I am sure that he will really appreciate hanging out with you guys at times. I told him too that he should hang out with Alan and Naomi as well.
I'm so sorry to hear about your Oma.
But thrilled to hear your coming!
I hope you can see you and Bethany!!
Miss you tons and I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment