Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Summer is well and truly over here in NZ. It seemed to last for a long time and then all of the sudden, overnight, it was gone. Now it is autumn...though to me it feels like winter. After 4 years here I still can't really notice the difference between autumn and winter. To me, there only seems to be 2 seasons - summer and winter.

We've had the crazy, hard, tropical rain here the past few days and I finally decided that I needed to purchase some gumboots. I bought some about 3 years ago but they never fit quite right and hurt my feet and got all melted and crackly from when we lived at Phil's place (a place we rented before we rented here). It's time for them to go. I've been trying to make do without gummies but really, when the rain is pelting down in huge drops and you need to get out and go places (and you are trying to get kids and things in the car)....flipflops are just not advisable.  I know own some AWESOME bright red gumboots. As soon as I spotted them I knew that they were meant to be. I'm going to rock those babies...you'll see.

I've applied for Residency for Australia. The application is in and I already got a letter back requesting a copy of something in my passport. Australian Immigration moves fast! I only sent my application in 5 days ago! Apparantly it an can take up to 12 months for the application to be processed....maybe mine will take less. Here's hoping!

No comments: