Well the ferry was late on Friday night so I arrived in Nanaimo at around 11pm and to find mom and Eman and Keiran waiting for me. We drove home and me and Keiran sat in the back and he offered me a mint from mom's "mint can" that she keeps in the car. How cute! He is such a polite 7 1/2 year old. I asked him what he had been doing out here with his Dad and Jackie and he told me some of the things that he had been up to.
Before we knew it we were home and mom got Keiran into his pjs and then we were all off to bed. (Keiran wanted to spend the night at "Aunty Helen's" that night) In the morning he and mom were up early and Keiran was ready to test out the sooper soaker that I gave him. Mom, being the rule-bound person that she is - clearly let him know that he was not to squirt her but he could squirt the raspberry bushes because they needed water. Keiran is such a great kid and happily complied. I heard the two of them outside my bedroom window discussing this and then I heard mom say "put 'em up mister!" to which I had to chuckle...mom can be on the strict side but she is also so great with kids...no wonder they love her...she has such fun with them. Anyways, I looked out my window and mom had the gun pointed at Keiran and and was saying things like "take your shoes off!" and "give me the money out of your pockets!" and Keiran was totally playing along and actually took his shoes off and was pulling out the inside of his pockets and saying things like "ok here you go" and pretending to give mom money with a smile on his face. It was funny to watch them. They have a neat relationship.
Yesterday was Shawna's wedding and I went to it. I first met up with Pauline and Wayne and Erika and Matt and Tina and then we met up with Jayne and Tim and Andrea and their little on Kate and we all drove in one brigade to the army base. We met Peter and Nicole and Allyson and Steven there and so all of us hung out together. Rob also came up from Victoria and it was neat to see him because I hadn't seen him in years. We kind of had a Malaspina reunion at the wedding.
So the wedding was on the beach at the army base and it was beautiful but also low key. Shawna wore a beaded, fitted cream coloured dress with a veil down the back and a beautiful headpiece and Jimmy work khaki pants and a Hawaiian type shirt. I would have taken pics but I forgot my camera. Anyways it was a simple ceremony without the whole cutting of the cake and speeches stuff etc. It was the ceremony and then then food and then people were free to just hang out and swim at the beach etc. Oh yeah, there was a receiving line too and us Mal people opted to be near the back. I met Jimmy's parents and didn't really say much to the groomsmen (it is kind of awkward talking to people you don't really know) and then Jimmy gave me a hug because he said that it made him feel less nervous if he hugged the women in the receiving line (I talked to Shawna later and apparently he was quite nervous to stand in front of all of the people). Of course I gave Shawna a hug and we chatted for a bit and she was glad that I came and said that she and I "must" go and get our tea leaves read again (I agreed) and then I shook hands with Shannon and Sarah, both of whom I met but still don't know really well and then I gave Moe and Lori hugs and they said that they were glad to see me and were happy that I was there because Shawna has had some sadness lately amongst all of this wedding stuff. I like Lori and Moe, they are good people.....funny but good.
I had a good time and was glad to had gone. Shawna and I are going to try and hook up soon. I miss her........I have gone far too long without seeing and keeping in touch with a lot of my friends. I need to get back on track with these things.
Anyways this has been my weekend so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment