So, it is Sunday....it is my sis' 28th birthday and apparantly she is camping at Rathrevor with Scott and the in-laws...lucky her! (It is also RRBs birthday but...I'm not going to go there...he has plenty of people to congratulate him) So yay for birthdays!
Yesterday Laura and I had our first rescue operation with the kitties....well, with Izzy to be exact. She was on my windowsill and somehow mangeed to squeeze her body through the opening in my window (I thought that I had it closed far enough that neither of them would be able to get through). well halfway through she realized that she was half-in and half-out on the window ledge and I think that she was trying to get back in when she fell/jumped. Ok, hold on. I feel the need to mention to all of you that there is a large ledge just below our apartment (we are on the second floor) and this is where she landed. Well after she landed she was content on sniffing around and exploring this ledge and did not seem worried at all that she was no longer in the apartment. I was the one who was the most worried thinking that she may decided to jump on to the ground.
I didn't know what to do and at the point that Izzy was on the window sill half in and half out I called for Laura who came in a flash. Izzy had already fell/jumped on to ledge and it was decided that I would have to climb out of my window and get her b/c of Laura's difficulty with heights...right..I forgot. I was wearing a skirt and thought that I would change first but then I got more frightened about Izzy deciding to jump to the ground. So I climbed out of the window with some difficulty (and the help of Karey's stool) and got her and handed her to Laura who promptly took her and put her in the hallway. And I got back in. So the moral of the story is - I need screens for my window! Thank goodness for the ledge outside of our apartment though....!
So last night Karey came home from spending time with Vicki and spontaneously suggested that we drive to Bellingham and go to coldstone creamery for ice cream!!! "Yahoo!" was my reply and I was immediately in. Laura and Heather were "in" to and soon were in the Karey's limo and on our way. We made a pit stop at Wendy's for some dinner where Heather met some people from church who knew her grandad...one of them told me that he knew Heather when she was a teenager (or maybe he said that he knew Heather's father when he was a teenager....I can't remember) but I thought that he said that he knew Heather when her father was a teenager.....his reply to me was "think about it". Oops.......innocent mistake....even I had to chuckle when I thought about it! :) )
So Kare and Laur and I were ready to go and walked out of the car with Heather still chit chatting with the church friends...but she came through and in moments was in the car with us and we were on our way. We took the truck crossing and Santiago was the border policeman of our day. He was quite grim and was startled when Karey opened her door to hand him our passports (her window isn't working so well). He asked the usual where are you going...how long are you guys going to be there type of stuff but then he also asked us how we all knew each other....and then we were off. Along the way we chit chatted and sang songs and had a gay old time. And then we reached - Cold Stone Creamery.
Mmmmm...mmmmm good is what I can say about this place! I had chocolate devotion and it was TASTE - TEE! It was recommended that I get the "I like it" size and I sure am glad that I did because I was full after it. Everyone got different flavours and we taste tested them and ate outside. This dude (a customer) who was eating inside got the biggest size that there is AND a waffle cone frame around it AND whipped cream on top! Us ladies were shocked! Well, I imagine that he is sorry now and feeling quite ill......hopefully he enjoyed it though!
On the way back we stopped at Target to look for .some stuffies for Karey and Laura and I for this picture/keep in touch thing that we are going to do. We found some that were kind of cute but none of us were really satisfied with our finds so we decided to wait. I found a hat for 10 bucks though and Karey found some books and Heather found a harness for Rothko and then Target closed and we were homeward bound.
Again we sang songs at the top of our lungs while Heather snoozed for the most part. We saw some meteors fly across the sky and got to the border and told the canadian official that we had only gone down for ice cream. "That's it?" she said. "yes" Karey sheepishly said...and we sailed on through. glad to be back in our homeland.
And sooner than we thought we were back at home. And this was my Saturday full of fun and excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment