I looked today when I went to church if I do say so myself! I liked my outfit and I felt good. It was a plus for the day.
I wan't feeling so spiritual today at church. It is hard to in our ward. Fast and testimony was interesting as always and then there wasn't a teacher for Sunday school so Julie and I just spent the time chatting about stuff. The relief society lesson was good though.
So I find myself writing in here a lot lately...maybe this is because Laura is away and Heather is away and I don't have anyone else to talk to really. And....I'm probably procrastinating a bit too. I'm tired of doing school work....real tired. We don't even have the day off tomorrow which is a real stinker because we could all use a long weekend. We have a field trip to UBC botanical gardens though where we have to use our botany knowledge to study leaves and flowers and plants. We have to make a botany journal like we did last year only this year we have to do more of the classification stuff. It will be different, but still....I'd rather have the day off.
When I was talked to Julie today she was telling me how she doesn't like Vancouver and how she feels like she doesn't "fit-in" to this city. She is thinking of moving to Calgary maybe because there are more your people there and because her friend told her that it is probably more "her" type of city.
I know what she means about living here. It is hard to live in this city because it is so big and fast-paced and everyone is so busy doing their own thing. It takes so long to get anywhere because of traffic and a large part of your day is spent travelling. It sucks. I guess that the hard part too is knowing that some of my friends have moved on (or will be moving on) and that makes being here a bit harder too. I'm glad that my sister is here but I haven't really been able to spend much time with her because my Dad is over there and I'm not always into going over there while he is over there. So in a sense, it isn't like she is here. I think that I need to make a plan about how much longer I want to stay here. Heather is only going to be here until May and Laura wants to apply to go to Grad school which means that she will move soon too.
What I really want to do is move to Victoria and work at Irma's school and live close to where Laine used to live. There is a job there right now, but it is too soon and besides...I need to do my practicum first and then my exams and get all of this montessori training finsihed off with.
Sigh.....sometimes it is so hard to figure out what to do with your life
1 comment:
I think you would fit in, in Victoria. I love it there. I know what you mean about Vancouver. I think that's why I'm happier here b/c I'm not just a number anymore.
Post a Comment