I'm eating sunflower seeds right now. "Spitz" to be exact. They are a summer thing. I"m not sure if I'm really supposed to eat them but I am and I don't care.
Good news. The cops found Laine's car and she didn't have to pay anything to get it back (it had been towed from 70th and Selkirk - I guess the thieves started driving it and left it for some reason - Laine thinks because it stalls so easily) and there wasn't any damage or anything. Phew...what a relief! I'm glad for her.
Mom and I picked blackberries at Oma's tonight after dinner. I've even got the scratches on me arm to prove it.
Today I went to Sarah's place so that she could cut my hair. It looks so much better now, especially with the colour that she did yesterday. It is lighter which is what I am trying for. I want to look more like me. She's a genuis.
So as I mentioned before I'm feeling kind of melancholy about leaving. It's always so great to be here and to be away from Vancouver where I seldom feel like I have any time for myself these days and life always seems to be one big rush. Lately I've been wishing that I could just be supported so that I didn't have to work AND do house stuff. Maybe I'm just feeling like this because I have been so intensely busy for months and months now and I'm just tired of it and I'm tired of feeling and being so solitary. I need to get out there and be more social but I'm definitely not into going to Single church things where "as Katie said" I'm part of the "fresh meat" of the 31-death scene. Ughhh...it is so intimidating and uncomfortable, and ok I've only been to three things but they seriously made me feel anxious. I deteste the whole scene. It's just not cool with me.
Anyways it is getting late and Si and Jackie are picking me up and we're talking the 6:45 am ferry tomorrow so I best be going and getting some things packed. This post sounds so gloomy but that is kind of how I've been feeling lately. I wish that I could get back to my old self and just laugh about things and not feel so tired and frustrated with Vancouver etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment