Ok, I admit it - it is quiet without Laura here. I like having some time to myself and it is nice to have the house to myself but it is quiet. Archie and Izzy are keeping me busy though - it always seems like they are so much more demanding when Laura is gone - maybe they are like that with her too when I am gone.
I went over to visit Rothko and I gave him some tuna and let him go out on the balcony for awhile and turned the tap on for him to drink some water. I even played with him. I feel kind of bad leaving him because he stares at me with his beady eyes while I close the door. Poor cat. Oh well, he'll live.
I was sorting through some papers and came across some "prose" that I wrote last December. I want to recycle the paper so I am going to write it on here. I am thinking that maybe I should get a little journal and record some of the things that I write - not that I am going to end up being a Robert Frost or Walt Whitman but it would be nice to have a record of the things that I do write. Anyways, here it is
Slurping soup.
Reminds me of Taiwan...
where the vast majority of people "slurp" on a regular basis,
and this is acceptable.
As opposed to Canada...
where in the most "European based" households slurping anything is considered poor table manners.
Funny how people make such a big deal about things such as slurping,
when there are so many other BIG problems in the world.
- December 21, 2006
Ok, so the writing is rudementary but whatever.....like I said - I'll never be a Robert Frost. I totally cannot remember writing this but obviously I was somewhere where I heard people slurping soup. Maybe I was on the ferry since it was written so close to Christmas? Anyways, it is pretty funny that I wrote this.
ok, it is late and I better go. I am thinking that I might give Laura's crock pot a try and make some soup for dindins. I'll let you know how it all works out.
Oh, yeah...I forgot to write the bad news of today - I did not get much work done...man I really need to step it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment