So now I am in the process of job hunting. There were two schools that wanted me to teach for them but I declined because they are both too far away from where I live and I perish the thought of having to drive into Auckland city and deal with the traffic there for at least one hour.
This is a side note but let me just tell you what a rascal Kuma is. This cat is as smart as they come and when he wants to wreak havoc, he does. One of the things that he likes to do is tip over his water bowl. He's not a big fan of water bowls of any sort but when he is bored especially, he enjoys tipping them over. Usually I think that it happens because he is clumsy and runs around like a banshee at times, but no, I just noticed him take his paw and purposely tip the water bowl over and spread his paws on the spilt water. The little jerk! Nice. He's at it again as I type this. Putting his paws in and splashing about. Jeez! Another thing he likes to do is put his toy mice in his water bowls. We even got him a larger toy rat and this too ended up in the water bowl. What gives? I guess he's trying to drown them. It's funny but annoying at the same time. A third thing that he does is pull the dish towel down from the hook. He just tried this and fell into his water bowl and spilled some more water. What a nutcase!
Okay back to the job hunting. Yeah so I'm looking and applying and hopefully I'll hear back from some of the places that I am applying to - schools I mean. It is always somewhat daunting but we'll see what happens. I'm definitely holding out for a job close to home that's for sure. The last thing I want to deal with is a ton of traffic.
Andrew and I are going car shopping again. We need a new / second hand car because his is dying and we've had to spend far too much money on it lately and anyways, we need something that I can drive so that I can get to a potential job. We've been looking on this website called TRADE ME which is like ebay so we'll see what happens. Tomorrow morning we are getting up early and looking. I hope that we find something!
No comments:
Post a Comment