Friday, June 12, 2009

Today I walked in the rain. I went to the doctor and my only choices of transportation were to either ride my bike in the rain or walk, so I chose to walk. My regular doctor (Dr. Steinemann - she's SWISS) wasn't there so I saw a doctor named Dr. Popjonevixk (0r something like that...I think that she was Russian or from somewhere in that neck of the woods). It turns out that my sore throat is not an infection of any sort. She attributed it to a cold or flu (I am pretty sure it is not the flu because I don't have flu symptoms) and suggested the usual like drinking a lot of fluids and taking Vitamin C and eating soups and fresh fruits and veggies. It was hard for me not to stare at Dr. P because she has this unusually large mole just above her lip. I consciously had to silently remind myself to look at her eyes.

I have a problem with this sometimes - staring I mean. I think that I have since I was really young. In all honesty, I don't mean it to be rude...I really don't...even though it is usually attributed to being rude. I think that my staring comes from a great interest that I have in people and in their lives. When you think about it, people are really interesting and each one of us has a story to tell. I think that you can learn so much about a person by studying their features and observing their characteristics. Granted, that most people don't like to be stared at so I've tried to learn to do it discreetly. Thankfully I've had good friends remind me not to stare at people when I've been in a daze and I think that this has kept me from getting into trouble at times.

My walk home was not at all pleasant. It seemed to be raining more furiously and the wind had picked up, blowing the drops every which way. Plus my walk was longer because I had to go to the pharmacy first which is out of the way and then walk home. I was wet but grateful to finally be home. I think that Kuma has a problem with his eye again. He hasn't has eye problems since we first got him and the vet gave him antibiotics. Sigh....what will be it next?

2 comments:

Mom E said...

Everyone does have a story to tell. Very few actually get to tell it. Everyone should journal so their story can live on for their posterity to enjoy and learn from.

Beth-a-knee said...

ok i've made your skin, but i need you to email me your username and password so i can put it in for you. my email address is clarke.bethany@gmail.com.