I know. I've been neglecting writing in here, but mostly it is because I don't feel like I have very many interesting things to say.
I just read Edith's blog about her trip to Africa and it reminded me of when Andrew came to visit me and how much fun we had together. It's hard to believe that this was merely 15 months ago! My life has changed so much since then, and some of the changes have been hard to adjust to, but there are what was meant to happen. I know this as a truth. I love Andrew with all of my heart and I know that Heavenly Father truly helps make things happen, especially when two people from opposite ends of the earth are in love.
I went to the temple with Andrew this past Saturday. It was our stake temple day and the sessions that were assigned to us were the 8am and 10am sessions. Yes, I know....EARLY! WE left our place at 6pm because it is about an hour and a half to two hour drive to Hamilton where the temple is. I was up at 4:30 amd ready by 5:30. Andrew was the dawdler and so we didn't leave until 6am which made things tight. We arrived at about 7:45 - just enough time to whisk in and "do a superman fast change" get a name and enter the session. By the time I got my name everyone else was already in the session. I admit, I felt annoyed at us being so rushed, especially because I was dying to go to the bathroom and didn't even have time for this before the session started! Grr.... But I tried not to focus on it.
After the session was over we had to leave right away because I wanted to go to the Distribition Centre and then we had to leave so that Andrew could make it to his soccer game in time back home. I have to admit, something about Andrew playing soccer on Saturdays really bugs me. He's not even on the team, but this guy from our ward who IS on the team keeps asking him to play and so Andrew says yes because he doesn't want to let him down, but it bugs me because I feel like we already have so little time together and then he has to go and play soccer! Maybe I shouldn't get so uptight about it but it bothers me. He asked me if I wanted to go and watch but I declined because it was raining outside and I didn't want to wait in the car and be bored. I also didn't want to grocery shopping with him afterwards because I hate grocery shopping on Saturdays and sometimes it feels like the only time we get to spend together is when we do stuff like this, which isn't really that exciting. Anyways, I felt annoyed at us having to rush to the temple and rush home. But enough of my rant.
At the distribution centre I finally bought some thermal g's. I know, it may sound ridiculous, but it is so cold inside here that I can't stand it anymore and I am sick of feeling cold all of the time. It really sucks! I never thought that I would buy thermals in my life. So I bought the thermals and I have got to say that I LOVE THEM! I bought three sets and wish now that I had bought more. I still feel cold here, but I feel less cold with them on. Yay for thermals! They are THE BOMB!
Speaking of cold, I have one. My throat has been sore for the past three days and it is extremely uncomfortable, especially at night. Strepsils are doing "jack all" for it and it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. I wish I could partake of some of the hot, sunny weather that you gals in Canada are enjoying! Wanna send some my way? Maybe I should go to a tanning salon to get some warmth!
4 comments:
thermals hey? vavavavooom! hubba HUBBA!
Oh yeah...they are ultra sexy!
FYI not all of Canada is hot. we got snow on Saturday and it's be raining since. yes, that's right SNOW in JUNE!!!!!!!!
Really not surprised that Calgary got snow in June. Totally go to the tanning salon, it really does elevate your mood levels and gives the skin some good vit D. The first part of your blog totally hit me, the whole HF helped cuz you two were in love even tho you were far away. I really needed to hear that.
Post a Comment