Well, I was in a car accident today. Now before you get worried or anything let me just tell you that I am ok. At least I think that I am. I was jerked forward about 2-3 times and I have a slight strain in my neck but other than that I feel fine. Hopefully the strain will go away and I will be just be normal. I'm hoping that there won't be any whiplash or anything.
So this is what happened. I was driving on the Arthur Lange bridge and was just about to take the Granville St exit when I saw the car ahead of me slow down. I slowed down because he slowed down and I guess that the person behind me didn't realize that I had slowed down and she ran right into me causing me to be pushed forward and crash into the car ahead of me who, somehow hit the car ahead of him. So basically I was car #3 in a four car pile up and I was hit the first, quite hard actually. The man in Car #1 said that his lower back was sore so the lady in Car #4 who had hit me called the Ambulance. The person ahead of me said that he was fine except for a slight strain in his neck. I also said that I had the slight strain in my neck but was otherwise fine.
The lady who hit me was in her 60s and pretty shaken up about it all. She said that she was fine at first but when the Paramedics came I suggested that they check her out because the lady was feeling stiff and sore and had told me that she had pre-existing conditions. By the time the paramedics had come she has started to cry. I felt bad for her and tried to comfort her. Then the firemen came and checked things out along with the cops. They were all really nice, which I was grateful for - especially the cop. Usually the cops here can be so gruff and uptight - definitely not needed in a stressful situation like this.
Amazingly, the most damage was done to car #4 - the lady that hit me. Her front bumper was smashed in and apparently her radiator had been pushed forward so it wasn't safe to drive. The only damage that my back bumper got (that I can see on the outside) was some scratches and chipped paint). My front bumper faired pretty well too considering...I got more scratches and it bent a bit so my licence plate also got bent a bit. The mini (Car #2) and the Ford Van (Car #1) also faired pretty well.....maybe some slight dents but nothing major. It was quite surprising. I thought that my back bumper would have been smashed for sure because of the force of the impact.
So my car was/is driveable and I was able to drive home. I decided not to go to Curves today considering. I filed the ICBC report and I guess that I need to see what will come of it all. I really hope that I don't have whiplash though......
4 comments:
Elicia,
I'm glad to hear that you're okay. I hope that all stays well with you. It must have been very scary.
Thanks Lisa...to be honest, for some strange reason I was surprisingly calm during it all. I felt so bad for the lady who hit me though...she was quite shaken up.Hey, where did you find your place here in Van? What area? When are you moving over? Have you heard from the Muslim school yet?
Hey Elicia...I'm sorry that you're neck is sore. We found a place on Oak and 70th (we live on Heather St.) It's on the border between Richmond and Vancouver. (Which you probably already knew. ;) ) Trevor will move in on June 1 and then I am moving over the second to last weekend in June. I haven't heard back from the Muslim school yet, but I have applied for another job at a different school. I am thinking about applying to be a TOC in the Surrey district. Have you subbed there?
Are you okay?! I'll call you tomorrow night.
Post a Comment