Well, it's been a week and a half since I was informed that there will not be a position for me at BBMH next year and do you know what? The board hasn't even come to inform me of it themselves! Stupid! How unprofessional! Are they ever going to come and inform me of this personally?
At first I was upset about this news, but now I am feeling angry about it - the anger has probably stemmed from my intial shock and sadness. I barely have any contact with the board members and then they don't even have the decency to come and tell me that I'm being "let go" themselves? How long have they been planning this for I wonder? I wish that I would have known earlier or at least had some sort of inkling.
I feel annoyed too because it has been suggested that Cathy G and I have been complaining about the year ones in our classroom and that we are not able to "handle them" and need to "take charge" more. First of all, I have barely complained about anything this year (even though I've had reason too) and I don't think that "complain" is even the correct word. Those nine kids are hard kids and yes I am not a seasoned teacher but when you have one kid poking other kids with pencils and running around the room and seven others fooling around, AND you don't know where the kids are in their work AND you are not being mentored at all really than ya. it's hard!
Maybe I'm feeling extra sensitive I don't know but I just feel so frustrated and angry about it all and a good part of me thinks why say anything at all because I'm not even going to be there next year and none of the kids know it and neither do the parents and here I am in the middle of things like planning etc. and still trying to carry on doing and trying to work through things with planning for next year when I am the only one who won't be there.
4 comments:
Hi my Sister,
I really sympathize with you right now. I agree, that's totally unprofessional and in my opinion not acceptable treatment. It's infuriating that you are being treated this way but just hang in there- you'll come out the bigger person. I know it's hard to see the positive side in any of this but remember that things happen for a reason. You will have a job of some kind in the fall and I really do think that things will start to fall into place.
I really think you should watch the video "What the bleep?" You can probably rent it from the library for free.
Hey Leash,
All I can say is hang in there. It's not much encouragement but maybe this will lead you to an even better job where you get the support and guidance that you need.
Thanks guys....I appreciate the support. :)
Post a Comment