Well, it is today. I'm at work still because I have some time to kill before I go to this first aid course tonight that I am signed up to take. However, I AM going to go and get some dinner soon. Too much time at work is not good for the health if you know what I mean.
Speaking of health, my neck is quite stiff and sore - making my sleep last night very uncomfy. I realized too that I had been putting heat on it, when in reality I was supposed to be icing it, at least according to the BC Health guide. I made an appointment to go and see Dr. Haq tomorrow though just to get it all sorted out. It definitely is not feeling great though.
So the good news is that I have an alternative plan for September. I was thinking and thinking of it and I decided that I didn't want to go to another school to work because I LIKE our school and this is where I want to stay. So I came up with a plan. My plan was that I could possibly do my Montessori Practicum here next year and go on EI while I am doing it. Then, if enrollment got higher and another teacher was needed and I was hired on then I could go from there. This seemed like a good plan to me and the more that I thoguht about it the more that I liked it.
So, I ran it by Lize just a few minutes ago and, she thinks that it is a great idea! I already know the kids and the school and staff and I can be an extra who can sub in any of the classrooms once in awhile....she ran it by Harvey who also thought that this was a good idea and now I think that I need to write a formal letter to the board to request this etc. etc. etc.
Anyways I think that this will be a go so I am feeling a little more settled and relieved about what will happen to me in September. I may not be making any money here but at least I'll be able to get my practicum done so that I can finally finish school. Phew......
I also had some other thoughts as to what I can do in the future...you know....ideas for alternative ways t0 make a living so to speak......I have been thinking/considering the idea of taking some Orton Gillingham training. Not right now, because I need to finish the Montessori stuff first, but sometime in the future. This way I could take on students of my own or work in some schools...kind of like what Donna at our school does. She's the one who gave me the suggestion. Anyways, just a thought.....
Well it is 5:08 and my First Aid is at 6:30pm so I better run and get a bite to eat....I think that Subway will be the place of choice tonight.......mmmmm....mmmmmm
1 comment:
Hey sister,
Congratulations! You must really feel more settled coming to this decision. It sounds like a great idea. What is the Oryon thing all about though? I've never heard of it before.
Post a Comment