Today I had some experiences with some really nice people.
1. Cathy G told me about a painful experience of hers where she had to leave a job that she had started with a friend. I think that she told me this to help me have some perspective about the future in terms of where I will go and what I will do. (No one knows yet about my plan to do my practicum at BBMH except for Lize...I need to approach the board and all so we will see what happens....and, I need to figure out if I can actually get EI...so - keep this all on the down-low ok?). It was really great. I love working with Cathy...she is so supportive.
2. I had to pick up a prescription at Safeway and since I was on the way home from Curves I didn't have any money or anything. I didn't think that I would need any because I was quite sure that my medical would cover it. Well I got to Safeway and it turned out that I owed 45cents. I told the pharmacist that I would have to come back because I didn't have 45 cents because I wasn't expecting to have to pay anything.
"Well, do you need it right now?" The pharmacist (Bob) asked.
"Ideally, I would like to have it now, but I don't have the money so I'll just have to come back later" I said.
"Well look...I can just take 45 cents out of our spare change jar and you can come and bring me the 45 cents later." (Bob)
"Really? Are you sure?" (Me)
So the long and short of this is that Bob the pharmacist let me take the prescription. I told him that I would come and give him the 45 cents tomorrow night when he is working.
Isn't that nice? What a kind person. I was really grateful for his kindness. It restores my faith in people and....well....it was just nice.
1 comment:
I love when those kinds of things happen! It really can turn your day around.
Post a Comment