Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm special...because it is my birthday!

Today I am 33 years old. Thirty-three years ago my Dad drove my mom to the hospital on a cold, snowy Saskatchewan morning and left her at the doorstep while he went to look for a parking space (I will never let Andrew do this to me) and some time later a baby girl was born and she was healthy and oh, so cute!

This is the second birthday that I am spending in NZ. Today I said good-bye to Andy as he left for work and slept a little bit longer (he left at 7:15) and then got up at 8:30 and ate some toast and pb for brekkie. I brushed my teeth and got out The Miracle of Forgiveness and went back to bed to read...only to fall asleep again and this time wake up around noonish. I got ready and caught the Loser Cruiser to Albany shops and went shopping at a place called EZIBUY. They have nice things there but all of the clothes that I really liked weren't on sale so I passed on them. I ended up buying to t-shirts on sale and a skirt that was $30.00. Then I headed back home. It is exciting to have new clothes! Especially new summer clothes! I can't wait to wear them.

I am not sure what else is up for my day of birth but I am sure that Andy and I are going out for dinner somewhere. We might go to a movie too....we'll see because he has to work tomorrow. All in all, it as been a good day so far. Oma and mom both left the sweetest messages on the phone that I don't want to delete them! I miss hearing their voices every day! My mom has such a beautiful singing voice and it is funny how after being in Canada for so many years Oma still has her Dutch accent. I love them both so much! They are good folk and I am blessed to have them as my family!

Since this is my day I am going to write some things I love about me. Here it goes:

1. I love my hair. I really do. I love how long it is and how curly it is and I love the colour. I also love how other people love my hair!

2. I love the colour of my eyes. They are just a nice brown and when I wear certain colours they look even more brown!

3. I love that I have slender shoulders....it is hard to find a slender part on my body but my shoulders are slender and I love this. It was my sister who first pointed this out to me a few years ago (thanks Lainey).

4. I love that I get freckles when it is sunny outside. My face is "freckle city!" right now and I love it - especially because last summer I didn't really get a tan.

5. I love that I love the outdoors. I love the beach and the ocean and trees and greenery and flowers and birds. I am so grateful to have been raised near all of these things!

6. I love that I am curious and love finding out new things about people and places.

7. I love that I love learning.

8. I love that I love being with my family and friends (who are awesome!)

9. I love that I am married to a fantastic, loving, kind, handsome, gentle, rightoeus, honest, trustworthy (and many more qualities I could put in here) man.

10. I love that I love animals.

Well, my husband will be home soon so I better get going and figure out where to go for dinner tonight. Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me. Happy Birthday dear Elicia-a-a-a-a....Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

5 comments:

Claudine said...

Happy Birthday Elicia! That is the BEST birthday post ever! I love that you love so many things about you! I think I'm going to steal this post idea on my birthday and do the same thing! Thank you for being so awesome! Love you soooo much!!!

LeashyLoo said...

Thanks Claudine! Yeah, I figured I needed to actually verbalize some good things about me. Go ahead and steal all the ideas you want - no problem! Miss you lots too and your little man as well!

Karey said...

It sounds like you had a great day. I too love how you wrote things that you loved about yourself. I think this is something more people need to do. me included. Love you leashy loo. You are a beautiful little lady :)

Mom E said...

You're so cute, happy belated birthday

LeashyLoo said...

Thanks girls!