Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter weekend is over

It is Tuesday and it is a bright, sunny day. Easter weekend is over. It was a very "different" Easter weekend for me because Andrew was away and I was home alone with Kuma. We had General Conference on Saturday and Sunday and this was good. Becks picked me up for both of them. On Saturday, we had pizza beforehand and I helped her straighten the back of her hair (her hair looks so awesome straightened - I miss doing people's hair) and she taught me how to curl my eyelashes with her curler (they looked really long!) and how to use an eyebrow brush and we had a good time. Kuma, thankfully, was not hyper when she was here. This is a good thing because Becks doesn't really like cats. He just followed her around and sniffed at her but was really calm the whole time. Phew!

Yesterday I was going to go to Becks' house for a potluck lunch and Easter activities with her family (and extended family) but my throat was feeling sore on Sunday night and it was even more sore yesterday morning so I called her and told her that it was better for me to stay home. I might be getting a cold and I didn't want anyone at her house to get it, especially her mom because he mom can't get sick (she has had a lot of health problems and her immune system is very low) . So I stayed home. I still have a sore throat. I looked in the mirroir and one side of it looks really red and inflamed and swollen. I'm trying strepsils but I gotta say, they don't seem to be doing much.

So yeah, as I said....this has been a weird Easter for me. In North America we never have conference on Easter weekend. And, I have always spent Easter with family and had a good, old Easter dinner with all of the trimmings. Plus, we often go to my Opa's grave (because he passed away at Easter time) and tidy up his headstone and leave some flowers there....these are some Easter traditions that I am accustomed to......but this Easter....none of that happened. Of course some of them can't happen because I am in another country.....but I didn't even have a proper Easter dinner......no turkey, no potatoes, no gravy, no cranberry sauce....nothing special. I feel kind of sad about it. It makes me miss my family even more. Sigh.....that's life I guess.

1 comment:

Karey said...

maybe you and andrew should have your own easter dinner when he gets back.