So, after getting out of the shower this evening, I noticed that the house was unusually quiet. I immediately realised that I had left the bedroom door open and that I had left the window in the bedroom open. I quickly got dressed and called for Kuma and looked around for him everywhere but there was no sign of him. I knew that he probably escaped out the window because he has almost escaped a few times. I felt some slight panic because it is dark outside and Kuma is dark and I thought "how will I ever find him?" But, I said a prayer and immediately felt at peace and just then I heard some rustling outside of the window. I went to it and called for Kuma and I heard a little meow and then I saw him, trotting along and sniffing the ground, as though he was familiar with being outside. I went out the door and called to him and lured him with string until I caught him in my arms and brought him in again. Was I ever relieved! He, on the other hand was not pleased and went straight to the windowsill again and meowed angrily as I realised that the window was closed. I am so grateful that I found him and I am grateful that Heavenly Father heard my prayer. I am grateful for the knowledge that all prayers are important to him, nothing is insignificant in His eyes.
Now, as Kuma is languidly stretched out on the bean bag (he camoflauges well with it since it is also black), deep in sleep, I am so grateful for this cuteness and craziness and for the joy and company that he is to me. I love him and I would be heartbroken if anything ever did happen to him.
I am watching American Idol and I've gotta say. Scott McIntyre is one of my favourites. He really sings from his heart and he is so humble. He just sang a song by Billy Joel AND played it on the piano. Who's your favourite on American Idol?
Today is my first day home alone. I've had a bit of a lazy day but I did manage to vaccum and dust around the computer desk, wash the dishes, change Kuma's litter and mop the floors. Glad to get some stuff done. Tomorrow is General Conference and Becks is coming over and we are going to have lunch together and get ready for conference and go together. I am so glad for Becks' friendship. I love having someone to do girl stuff with. I miss Laura and Karey and Heather and Sarita though and Laine and Edith and Claudine and doing fun things with them. I miss Canada and I miss my life there, things seemed so less complicated there. I know, you are all probably getting sick of hearing this, but I do miss it. I've been here three months already but it seems like an eternity.
2 comments:
I lost my first and only cat b/c he jumped out the window and ran for dear life lol. i don't think he liked me :) I'm glad Kuma didn't take off.
I miss you to Leash. I am sad that you feel so blue. Things will get better. Once you have a job that you like, you will start to feel that NZ is your home now and all will be well.
Post a Comment