Well it's Feb 22nd here in NZ and so far the baby is making no signs of wanting to come out anytime soon. Maybe he/she wants to be born on Feb 22nd Canadian time? Who knows? I'm trying to stick close to home anyways just in case. Today I haven't really done a whole lot. Andrew told me that Olympic hockey was supposed to be on at 1pm today so I was excited to watch it. But.....when I went to watch it....no dice. They keep changing what Olympic events that they are showing here which is annoying because hockey WAS scheduled to be on today. Annoying! We can't watch any of the Olympic stuff live from any Canadian channel websites either because we are out of the region and the internet or powers that be won't let us. So far I've seen a lot of skiing (cross country, downhill and men's moguls - I cheered when we got gold in men's moguls!!!!), snow boarding, figure skating, speed skating, skeleton and luge events. Now I want to see some hockey! Apparantly it is on tomorrow and it better be!
So getting back to my day. I went for a walk at around 11am to the duck pond that is not far from my house. Now this is actually a pretty short walk when one is able to walk at a normal speed. It takes maybe 10 minutes to get there walking. But considering the heat and the weight I am still carrying and my elephant ankles...it took me awhile because I was walking very slowly. The duck pond isn't actually called the duck pond...but that's what I call it and I'm sticking to it. I went to feed the water fowl some old bread and it was nice to be there in the middle of the day without any kids around. The last time that I went there it was in the evening and there were some kids there feeding the ducks chips (which they weren't eating might I add) and they accidentally dropped their bag in the water. And there were these teenagers hanging around there too and smoking. So it was nice to be there by myself today. I didn't stay long though because it was getting hot.
Other than that I came home and hung with Kuma and watched some Olympics and sent some emails and went and got fruit and veggies. That's about it. I know that everyone says rest, rest, rest but I always feel like there are things to do and if I don't do them they won't get done...things like dishes (washing and drying and putting them away) and vaccuming and cleaning the bathroom. I need to vaccum but I'm not into it today so I don't think that I will. It's also harder for me to do things like that right now because bending is hard. Anyways...I should probably just chill and not worry about these things. I think that I will regret not resting right now.
2 comments:
You know...you gotta do what feels right to you. If you feel like going out or getting things done do it! THAT'S when things happen. While you're DOING things! Baby will be here in no time! Enjoy the calm! Soon things will be more intense but lovingly fun than ever!
Thanks Claudine for the tips! I appreciate it!
Post a Comment